BlackBerry

Average Difficulty
92 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial email from recruiter saying I had been selected and verified a time to speak with the hiring manager. Meeting was about 2.5 weeks after this email. Actual interview was mostly manager explaining the position and whats expected from this individual. It was not a standard interview from my experience, none of the nonsense SAW or situation questions on the first interview. Those I spoke with were nice, although HR appeared to be uninformed as much was left up to the manager. No discussion of salary, which can be a waste of everyone's time if its too low.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – The interview comprised of two rounds. The first round consisted of a discussion on the resume.The projects I had done as a part of my academic work. I was asked to write a method to count the number of words in a large file, some questions on data structures, breadth first processing

Interview Question – What is the time complexity of breadth first search. When you are counting the number of words in a string suppose you store it in a hash table how do you find the word with the maximum length. Is it worth using a hash table?   Answer Question

Core Applications Java Developer- Student Intern Interview

Core Applications Java Developer- Student Intern

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – The recruiter emailed me asking me to schedule 3 half an hour interviews back to back with the Hiring Manager and 2 team leads for a particular team. The 3 interviews went smooth. They discuss mainly about your resume, questions related to the projects mentioned in the resume and few questions related to the job profile you are interviewed for.

Interview Question – What kind of bugs can a telecom company like Blackberry face?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for intern position. Fixed salary.

IOT Test Engineer Interview

IOT Test Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Interview Details – RIM job fair. only 30 minutes.

Interview Question – explain an EV-DO call flow. Have you worked with wireshark with QXDM?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Question – What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – They called my phone and asked a coup,e of questions regarding experiences in software testing.

Interview Question – Did you create any software tool for testing ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2012.

Interview Details – I have applied for the software engineer internship position on the website of RIM, after about 3 weeks, the recruiter contacted me and said that one group wants to interview with me. The phone interview is scheduled about 1 week later.

Interview Questions:
First part: network related
What will happen after I open a browser and type www.google.com?
When I log into gmail or hotmail, how will the server identify you so next time you don’t need to login again?
What’s the difference between sockets and ports?
How to check how many sockets are opened in the computer?

Second part: Java related.
What’s static field?
What’s static method?
What’s the difference between overloading and overwriting?
What’s polymorphism?
What’s the difference between abstract class and interface?
Can we instantiate abstract class? Can we instantiate interface?
What’s the access level in java?
What’s the finally block?
Can you give me an example of finally block?

Third part: programming problems
1. give list1 and list2, suppose they are sorted in ascending order, how to check whether each element in list 2 presents in list 1. What’s the time complexity?

2. Suppose there’s no hashmap class in Java, design your own hashmap class.

3. Give an example where dead lock can happen.

4. calculate the factorial of n.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

OS Embedded Developer, Inter
Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Interview Details – Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Question – About Interrupt and handling that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Milford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I gave them my resume at a college career fair. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a coding problem, which you had to solve using Google docs while the interviewer watches you. The interviewer was very nice and we fixed a couple bugs in my code together.

Next I had an on-site interview which lasted all day. I met with 8 different people from the company for 6 interviews and a lunch period. Almost all of the interviews were technical in nature. This includes coding, drawing software diagrams on a whiteboard, and verbally answering some questions. Once again everyone was very nice and they make it very easy for you to succeed.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Milford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Question – One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question