BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2012.

Basic questions of Java, difference between Hash Map and a Hash Table, refer stack overflow for details
    what sort of projects i have worked on How is scheduling done at Network Layer, then i was to rate their product in comparison to other smart phones
    Synchronization questions and how does java implement synchronization (answer is monitors) and some about data structures

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Got a mail regarding the position and when it was possible to take the interview. After a date was fixed, had a call interview for 45 mins. Initially briefed about the company and the department followed by asking personal experiences and some technical question.

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Radio Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2011.

I was interviewed for an internship position. The post I was offered was of a Radio Software Enginner.
    My friend had forwarded my resume.
    It took just 2 hours for RIM to schedule an interview with me. I was lucky!

Interview Questions
    • Diiferent access specifiers in C++/JAVA   Answer Question
    • Expalin static variable?   Answer Question
    • Can a variable be declared as static in a .h file?   Answer Question
    • Say a browser is not wroking on a mobile phone. What are the steps that U will take to reslve the issue?   View Answer
    NA

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2011.

After applying for the position, they reached out to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of my future team leader and one other team member. The interview consisted of basic questions like time management, working in a team environment, and other common questions. They also ask about your school projects and your role for those projects. Overall, the process was pleasant, and the turnaround time was quick for me as well. It only took them a weekend to make the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the role you played in this particular project   Answer Question

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2011.

I applied online in summmer and I got call from them in spring semester. It was 30 min phone interview taken by 3 managers. They asked me on telecomm and C language. It was not difficult. I screwed because of my own mistake. Hope this will help other who will give it next time.

Software Test Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2011.

There were 4 interviews each of 45 minutes. Most of interviee were friendly and helpful.

Baseband Interface Validation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2011.

This was a co-op position. There was only a telephonic interview. The team lead conducted the interview. Was very friendly and helpful. Asked questions about basic circuits and a few behavioral questions. The offer was made 2 days later by the HR.

Interview Questions
    • If you find out that there is something wrong with the circuit, wht would you do to find the error?   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2011.

I applied online and the hiring manager mailed me asking for a date. I replied with the date and the manager was actually busy on that date, so he wanted to have the interview before that date and he mailed me. I was okay with it. It was a good interview with some technical and project based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the use of pointer? How does pointers help in the program efficiency?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your embedded programming experience.   Answer Question
    For interns, they have a specific offer and you wouldn't complain because RIM pays you WELL !! :)

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2011.

2 Phone Interviews.

Projects I have done
    Level of expertise in Java
    OOP Concepts
    How would you rate urself in java
    Why should we hire you