BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Questions
    • How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry.

two phone interviews

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Had a technical phone interview which included general questions about your resume, puzzles ( One i can think of is: why is manhole round?), products and application. It is better to do research in detail about the company, familiarity with any testing experience before?

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry.

First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Questions
    • Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Initial email from recruiter saying I had been selected and verified a time to speak with the hiring manager. Meeting was about 2.5 weeks after this email. Actual interview was mostly manager explaining the position and whats expected from this individual. It was not a standard interview from my experience, none of the nonsense SAW or situation questions on the first interview. Those I spoke with were nice, although HR appeared to be uninformed as much was left up to the manager. No discussion of salary, which can be a waste of everyone's time if its too low.

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

The interview comprised of two rounds. The first round consisted of a discussion on the resume.The projects I had done as a part of my academic work. I was asked to write a method to count the number of words in a large file, some questions on data structures, breadth first processing

Interview Questions
    • What is the time complexity of breadth first search. When you are counting the number of words in a string suppose you store it in a hash table how do you find the word with the maximum length. Is it worth using a hash table?   Answer Question

Core Applications Java Developer- Student Intern Interview

The recruiter emailed me asking me to schedule 3 half an hour interviews back to back with the Hiring Manager and 2 team leads for a particular team. The 3 interviews went smooth. They discuss mainly about your resume, questions related to the projects mentioned in the resume and few questions related to the job profile you are interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of bugs can a telecom company like Blackberry face?   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern position. Fixed salary.

IOT Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

RIM job fair. only 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • explain an EV-DO call flow. Have you worked with wireshark with QXDM?   Answer Question

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
      How would handle someone who was not doing their job.

View Answer
    I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

They called my phone and asked a coup,e of questions regarding experiences in software testing.