BlackBerry

90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Core Applications Java Developer- Student Intern Interview

Core Applications Java Developer- Student Intern

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – The recruiter emailed me asking me to schedule 3 half an hour interviews back to back with the Hiring Manager and 2 team leads for a particular team. The 3 interviews went smooth. They discuss mainly about your resume, questions related to the projects mentioned in the resume and few questions related to the job profile you are interviewed for.

Interview Question – What kind of bugs can a telecom company like Blackberry face?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for intern position. Fixed salary.

IOT Test Engineer Interview

IOT Test Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Interview Details – RIM job fair. only 30 minutes.

Interview Question – explain an EV-DO call flow. Have you worked with wireshark with QXDM?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Question – What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – They called my phone and asked a coup,e of questions regarding experiences in software testing.

Interview Question – Did you create any software tool for testing ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2012.

Interview Details – I have applied for the software engineer internship position on the website of RIM, after about 3 weeks, the recruiter contacted me and said that one group wants to interview with me. The phone interview is scheduled about 1 week later.

Interview Questions:
First part: network related
What will happen after I open a browser and type www.google.com?
When I log into gmail or hotmail, how will the server identify you so next time you don’t need to login again?
What’s the difference between sockets and ports?
How to check how many sockets are opened in the computer?

Second part: Java related.
What’s static field?
What’s static method?
What’s the difference between overloading and overwriting?
What’s polymorphism?
What’s the difference between abstract class and interface?
Can we instantiate abstract class? Can we instantiate interface?
What’s the access level in java?
What’s the finally block?
Can you give me an example of finally block?

Third part: programming problems
1. give list1 and list2, suppose they are sorted in ascending order, how to check whether each element in list 2 presents in list 1. What’s the time complexity?

2. Suppose there’s no hashmap class in Java, design your own hashmap class.

3. Give an example where dead lock can happen.

4. calculate the factorial of n.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

OS Embedded Developer, Inter
Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Interview Details – Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Question – About Interrupt and handling that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Milford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I gave them my resume at a college career fair. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a coding problem, which you had to solve using Google docs while the interviewer watches you. The interviewer was very nice and we fixed a couple bugs in my code together.

Next I had an on-site interview which lasted all day. I met with 8 different people from the company for 6 interviews and a lunch period. Almost all of the interviews were technical in nature. This includes coding, drawing software diagrams on a whiteboard, and verbally answering some questions. Once again everyone was very nice and they make it very easy for you to succeed.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Milford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Question – One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Specialist Interview

BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Specialist
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview Details – After two applications, I was call for a telephone interview. This was comprised of resume review and technical questions by the in-house recruiter. Next was an in-person interview with two team leads. Both were very friendly and the RIM complex very nice looking. The interview lasted about an hour and was mostly technical in nature but also had some of the silly hypothetical questions like "describe how you overcame a obstacle". (This is part of the discredited SARS test that all large organizations still use).

All in all, an ordinary interview process.

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult questions are the SARS questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted to leave my current company and wanted to work for RIM so bad that I did not negotiate. They met my minimum salary expectation so I accepted.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Hardware Design Engineer
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

Interview Question – Questions about general knowledge of smartphone design, circuit equations, and qualifications on resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations