BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Oct 15, 2014

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2011.

Was a piece of cake. Java Fundamentals, Concurrency Paradigms, Design and Concurrency Patterns, Memory Models

did not negotiate

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Received a call from an internal recruiter who offices in a different city and she phone screened me. I was then asked to go in for an onsite interview. The hiring manager and her direct report (the team) both met with me, and spent a long time to go over behavioral interview questions. Organized but relaxed atmosphere and the team meeting was nice. The next step was to meet with the director - but was informed that the position was frozen.

Interview Questions
    • I was provided with a scenario where three employee relations situations that all occurred at the same time. I was asked how I would handle each of them in what order, then asked why I chose to tackle them in the manner I described.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions
    • Interview 1:
      Difference between TCP and UDP.
      What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?
    • Interview 2:
      static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
      What's a module in C? How to write a module?
      What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
      How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?
        View Answer
    • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
      What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
      What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
      What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
      What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?
        View Answer
    No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!

Service Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

I have an interview for RIM in Irving,tx for the position of ervice Engineer Specialist. I had aphone interview with a recruiter which waspretty standard and easy just asking about my salary requirements, reviewed my resume, and asked what my tech skills were. He also asked about 2 or 3 behavioral question pertaining to handling difficult situations, and he asked of my goals. I received an offer for an in person interview the next day. Does anyone know what I should expect in the face to face interview. The interview will be with a team member? Thanks for any knowledge

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult situation where you had to meet deadlines, How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Very straightforward and technical questions were mostly from what I claimed to know in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Where title would you like to pursue in the next five years.   Answer Question

Software Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

HR interview, general questions about current position, salary, willing to be relocated
    Technical interview including verbally IQ tests, QA in detail, cell phone's behavior (data), IOT

Interview Questions
    • There was not any unexpected question. Each question was in reference to job description   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

I applied for this position through university career center, then they called me and scheduled an interview oncampus. Interview was about 1 hour, initially interviewer inquired about my projects then he asked to write a code in C language. The questions were simple. After the interview I never heard from them.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

I applied on the RIM website and was contacted a few days later by one of their recruiters and set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a brief overview of my resume and previous expirience with a few situational questions. At the end of the interview I asked about more details of the position since the posting was vauge.. recruiter didn't know any specifics. I was contacted a few days later to setup a panel/presentation interview. I was told the presentation should be related to the job but the recruiter again couldn't answer specific questions about the position (ie, who the end user/customer was). The interview started with the presentation part of the interview. I was cutoff mid presentation and told that my presentation didn't exactly pertain to the position. I was then asked a series of situational/role playing questions. My answers were very similar to the "correct" answer given by the interviewers but I was criticized for not stating company policy. How am I suposed to know the company policies if I am not employed by the company?? This interview was frustrating and I felt like it was a complete waste of time. I don't even think a current employee would be able to "pass" the interview based on the answers they were looking for. I received a call from another recruiter a few weeks ago wanting to set up a phone interview for the same position. What a joke. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions
    • You inherit an account from another account manager and on your second day you get a call from the VP of the company. VP is upset about an ongoing issue that has not been resolved and demands to speak to your VP within 30 minutes.   View Answer

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about general knowledge of smartphone design, circuit equations, and qualifications on resume.   Answer Question
    No Negotiations