BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Radio Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed for an internship position. The post I was offered was of a Radio Software Enginner. My friend had forwarded my resume. It took just 2 hours for RIM to schedule an interview with me. I was lucky!

Interview Questions

• Diiferent access specifiers in C++/JAVA   Answer Question
    • Expalin static variable?   Answer Question
    • Can a variable be declared as static in a .h file?   Answer Question
    • Say a browser is not wroking on a mobile phone. What are the steps that U will take to reslve the issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cary, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying for the position, they reached out to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of my future team leader and one other team member. The interview consisted of basic questions like time management, working in a team environment, and other common questions. They also ask about your school projects and your role for those projects. Overall, the process was pleasant, and the turnaround time was quick for me as well. It only took them a weekend to make the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the role you played in this particular project   Answer Question

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online in summmer and I got call from them in spring semester. It was 30 min phone interview taken by 3 managers. They asked me on telecomm and C language. It was not difficult. I screwed because of my own mistake. Hope this will help other who will give it next time.

Software Test Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Redwood City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

There were 4 interviews each of 45 minutes. Most of interviee were friendly and helpful.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager mailed me asking for a date. I replied with the date and the manager was actually busy on that date, so he wanted to have the interview before that date and he mailed me. I was okay with it. It was a good interview with some technical and project based questions.

Interview Questions

• Whats the use of pointer? How does pointers help in the program efficiency?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your embedded programming experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For interns, they have a specific offer and you wouldn't complain because RIM pays you WELL !! :)

Baseband Interface Validation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

This was a co-op position. There was only a telephonic interview. The team lead conducted the interview. Was very friendly and helpful. Asked questions about basic circuits and a few behavioral questions. The offer was made 2 days later by the HR.

Interview Questions

• If you find out that there is something wrong with the circuit, wht would you do to find the error?   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. Projects I have done Level of expertise in Java OOP Concepts How would you rate urself in java Why should we hire you

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Was a piece of cake. Java Fundamentals, Concurrency Paradigms, Design and Concurrency Patterns, Memory Models

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Received a call from an internal recruiter who offices in a different city and she phone screened me. I was then asked to go in for an onsite interview. The hiring manager and her direct report (the team) both met with me, and spent a long time to go over behavioral interview questions. Organized but relaxed atmosphere and the team meeting was nice. The next step was to meet with the director - but was informed that the position was frozen.

Interview Questions

• I was provided with a scenario where three employee relations situations that all occurred at the same time. I was asked how I would handle each of them in what order, then asked why I chose to tackle them in the manner I described.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!