BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a preliminary phone screening interview with the company's recruiter. Then I land a phone interview with the company's hiring manager who basically wanted to evaluate my previous work experiences as well as my abilities and skills, and also gauge the interest and enthusiasm I had for the position. Finally I had 1:1 interviews (lasted about 30 minutes each) with a web developer, a java software engineer, a team leader, a middle manager and a HR representative. I got the offer letter within a few days of the on-site interview which I gladly accept.

Advice: Although it isn’t a replacement for a face-to-face interview, making a good impression over the telephone can increase your chance of being asked to an in-person meeting and ultimately to landing the job.

Interview Question – What are the benefits of using Strict over Transitional DOCTYPEs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation is part of the hiring process, but is always a risk. By not accepting an offer right away it leaves it open for other candidates to come into the picture. My advice is that you should take the first offer if you’re happy with it and you feel passionate about what the company does. Never negotiate just for the sake of negotiating.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview consisted of to-the-point questions, mostly technical. Did not get enough time to discuss prior experience or academic background. The interviewers were friendly and precisely described the job role and expectations from a co-op/intern.

Interview Question – Do you have any previous experience with PHP/Perl?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was just so excited about the offer that I did not considered negotiating with them. Moreover, I was happy with the offer they gave me.

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!