BlackRock

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – 2 HR interviews on the phone and connected with higher management for referral. Asked basic questions like why blackrock and why the position? Still waiting to hear back for next steps, so hopefully!

Negotiation Details – Still waiting to hear back so...

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Took about a month for the whole process. Applied online, received phone interview (with HR)-tell my about your resume, background, etc. general questions. Then group interview with managers (3) about 30 mins. each.

Interview Question – Why BlackRock?
What is an put/call?
Tell me about your resume (Walk them through it)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but was unsuccessful, I just accepted their initial offer.

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by on site. One person on phone will ask basic fit questions. On site there were at least eight interviewers from different departments. Various technical questions, and situation based questions are asked.

Interview Question – A mathematical based questions required to calculate how many diamonds of 1 ct can you fit into a room   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2011.

Interview Details – Candidates are initially screened by HR representatives. Those that pass the first round are then reviewed by anywhere from 2-4 full time employees, with those reviewers ranging from analysts to director level personnel. Then there will be an initial phone screen by a hiring committee manager. If the candidate seems like they will be a good personality fit, they are brought in for a "super day" interview, where they will see up to 6 other people, often being interviewed in a panel format. There will also be a group exercise to test their teamworking and critical thinking skills.

Interview Question – When have you been innovative or entrepreneurial? What is the biggest challenged you've faced so far?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Interview Details – Fairly drawn out process, several interviews with different groups, finally met with my target group and interviewed with 3 md's and a vp. The recruiter that I had been in touch with was particularly helpful.

Interview Question – No real technicals--unexpected questions were more just diving deep into my answers on behaviorals   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – first round interviews on campus. super-days are all day with back to back. lunch break with analysts. mostly were behavior interviews, knowledge of finance, why this firm, why this industry/asset management.

Negotiation Details – NA. general analyst class

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty robust, though I expect it varies depending on the team. Failed an interview the first time I applied, passed the second time. As a person with a non-finance and non-programming background, I had questions ranging from general knowledge to puzzles to project management to my extra-curricular interests in coding (some of them were pretty hard problems) and technology stocks. Interview process is fairly lengthy but they have a phone/on-campus screen and then only one SuperDay (final rounds) so it's not unfairly tiring. You get to meet a fair number of members of the hiring team in rotation, so there's a fair diversity. I believe that's pretty standard.

Interview Question – (Open-ended) (I had mentioned that I follow tech stocks closely) How would you invest $N in, say, (insert tech gint like Google/Facebook/Apple/Yahoo/Microsoft) ? What options would you take - stocks, bonds, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. I think the numbers are pretty standard firm-wide for entry-level positions.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews. The whole hiring process takes quite a while and there is tons of paperwork, background checks, etc. It also took forever between the last interview and when I was finally offered the job. The whole process took about 2 months. Multiple departments tend to be hiring at the same time so don't hesitate to gently ask the recruiter if there may be more than one position you are qualified for.

Interview Question – Lots of case study related questions. i.e. what would you do in a particular situation. There were a few industry related questions but nothing too specific. If you do your homework on financial services and particularly the area you are interviewing for you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't too much negotiation. Your main point of negotiation is your salary history and making sure you get a certain percentage over your current salary. In general though the pay is good. I was able to get a 20% bump over what I was making at my previous company.

Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – not professional, at least in my department.

Negotiation Details – none.

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – got called to come in for interviews... met with a bunch of high level management .. nothing difficult... just a standard interview with formal convo

Interview Question – none that really threw me off   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock Analyst interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees and interview candidates.