BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

Interview

Very deep technical interview round. Good questions in the technical interview. Person should be good in technical and domain knowledge before applying in the company. Communication should be good. Person should be open for accepting challenging roles.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Resume submit on school career website - on campus interview - on site interview. I had a super day at the end of October and now I'm waiting. It's been over a week -- anyone heard back?

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in November 2013.

Interview

2 Weeks, 6 Interviews: commercial awareness, technical, brain teasers, guesstimates etc. Similar to banking, but depends a lot on what you have applied to. Overall good experience, you get to meet the people you'll be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in May 2008.

Interview

Applied on line. They called me in about a week. I had 2 interviews where I met a total of 7 managers. It was quite intensive.

Interview Questions

• how did you hear of us   1 Answer
    • Why do you think we should hire you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I took the nice salary they offered.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews. The whole hiring process takes quite a while and there is tons of paperwork, background checks, etc. It also took forever between the last interview and when I was finally offered the job. The whole process took about 2 months. Multiple departments tend to be hiring at the same time so don't hesitate to gently ask the recruiter if there may be more than one position you are qualified for.

Interview Questions

• Lots of case study related questions. i.e. what would you do in a particular situation. There were a few industry related questions but nothing too specific. If you do your homework on financial services and particularly the area you are interviewing for you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't too much negotiation. Your main point of negotiation is your salary history and making sure you get a certain percentage over your current salary. In general though the pay is good. I was able to get a 20% bump over what I was making at my previous company.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Directly called me for interview. Asked about my CV. projects I had done. Then numerical questions on bonds, mortgages, derivatives were asked. They ask us to explain everything in detail.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to derive certain formulas we use in Finance. You need to be very clear about basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

These guys impressed me. Lots of how you think questions and less how you remember questions. Going through the resume and listening to me belt out rehearsed answers is, in the end, a waste of everyone's time. Maybe its that they are not interested in being in the same trades as everyone else. Lots of tough ex-lehman employees

Interview Questions

• Where do you see convexity today?   1 Answer
    • Stocks, Bonds, Gold, which one would you own? Why   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2011.

Interview

Recruitment process was very well-organised and professional, and HR got back very promptly, within the same day/next day. 1st interview was 2 one-to-ones with senior people; very wide-ranging from interests and fit to technical questions. Assessment centre took place 1 week later, and consisted of a group exercise, 2 more one-to-ones and an individual presentation. Everyone I met in the process seemed very down-to-earth.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you lied? (Context: after question re. value of integrity in this business)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was directly with management, very thorough CV questions. SuperDay was rough, first a panel (nice team) asking mostly CV and fit questions, then a 1:1 (aggressive), up to now not sure if it was a meant to be a stress interview or the guy was just annoyed by me being there. That being said, know a lot of detail about the company. Felt like interview skills were being tested more than actual technical skills. Questions on conflict and lying.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Got a referral for BlackRock. Then i received a call from the HR. I had an offer in hand,so the HR wanted to discuss the salary before even having a telephonic technical discussion/screening. Telephonic Interviewer again started discussing salary first. I do not know why they are fearing screening people. See whether you need him/her first. I always used to think a product base firm like BlackRock pays higher than others. But its a myth.

Interview Questions

• We cannot offer you the package you already have. Would you want to continue the interview ?   1 Answer