BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock in August 2015.

Interview

Got a call directly from the company for there retail business. There were 4 rounds of interview(excluding the HR round) 1st being telephonic, 2nd (interview panel consisting of the team leaders), 3rd (f2f with VP) and 4th round (video conference with US counterpart) at the company premises. Was called after 2 weeks for the salary discussions which went well as I didn't have any expectations being jobless for an year. They released the offer letter after another week which was followed by a through background verification. Hiring process went smooth only difficulty I faced was arranging all the documents for the background verification which included my current address proof, previous address proof of last one year, copy of resignation letter and all the marksheets including the degree of the second highest education.

Interview Questions

• Mostly grilled on the difference in my current experience and the skillset they need which was majorly for RFI and RFP   Answer Question
  • Why am I looking to switch my profile.   1 Answer
  • Why did I quit my last job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Even though I did not have the exact experience they are looking for, yet they think I was trainable having finance as my core subject during my MBA. Was not in position to negotiate as I desperately needed a job along with the role switch.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Received an on campus interview after the resume screening. Two senior team members interviewed candidates for one opening. They seemed to focus the interview on 1) if you know the basics in investment; 2) if you are a good fit for the team. Each interview was 30 minutes. Questions were not too tough but would be difficult to come up with a good answer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

Interview

Very deep technical interview round. Good questions in the technical interview. Person should be good in technical and domain knowledge before applying in the company. Communication should be good. Person should be open for accepting challenging roles.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had 1 telephonic interview which I cleared. Then waiting for next rounds of interview. Want to know what are the other rounds and compensation details. Please specify clearly whether all other rounds are core java specific or advanced java.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

started with a call from HR and then a phone call with the hiring manager. And then a super day of about 6 interviewers. And then another call with the department head. And then another, less formal interview with senior team members. Finally, a offer call from HR.

Interview Questions

• know about the company and its products. Understand capital markets and asset classes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was a significant increase from my current salary range. Top end of the scale.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Resume submit on school career website - on campus interview - on site interview. I had a super day at the end of October and now I'm waiting. It's been over a week -- anyone heard back?

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2014.

Interview

On campus interview. After applied online, they send several realted questions to me. And after that there is an on campus interview with 2 team members. They asked some questions related to the resume and ask to explain some terms in stat and finance to non backgroud people.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in November 2013.

Interview

2 Weeks, 6 Interviews: commercial awareness, technical, brain teasers, guesstimates etc. Similar to banking, but depends a lot on what you have applied to. Overall good experience, you get to meet the people you'll be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a VP in the group. Asked me to walk through my resume and explain how my experience with my current firm prepared me for that role. Later that afternoon HR contacted me to set up onsite interviews. I met with analysts and associates on the team as well as the VP. Questions were mostly fit, but they did ask if I followed financial news and what stories I found interesting. You need to truly understand what you are talking about, not simply repeat words from the articles. They will test your knowledge. Also, know why you want to work at Blackrock particularly the group you're interviewing with. I was then brought back in for another interview with the Director and Managing Director. Both were pleasant, explained their expectations, but mostly wanted know if I had any questions about the role.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on Pimco and Bill Gross leaving? What do you think this means for BlackRock?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR tried to lowball me. I countered with a range and they came back within my range.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

A few rounds involving resume screening, phone interview, superday. Each step was generally behavioral based. Each interview was with a different person, so questions were fairly consistent and revolved around company knowledge, field knowledge, and group knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Explaining why that group in particular was the best fit for me over others.   1 Answer