BlackRock

Getting the Interview

29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Interview Details – I got an on-campus interview with one employee in the solution team. There were basically no behavioral questions. Several technical questions, consisted of math, programming. They got back to me that evening, gave me the on-site interview.

Interview Question – concept of object oriented programming   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty much straight forward finance interview. A lot of behavioral and fit questions considering it was a firmwide analyst hire. Got the interview through a resume drop to the college career center. one-to-one interviews. Though I thought the interview was very conversational, the interviewer wasn't very interested in what I have to say about my resume, which kind of set me off a bit. Other than that, I have heard that the firm is very horizontal in structure and diverse in academic sense.

Interview Questions

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through a college recruiting website and got an interview for a financial analyst position. The interviewer seemed uninterested in the interview process and was not engaging at all. I don't know why a company would send someone who doesn't like to talk to people to conduct on campus interviews. Anyway, the interview went ok, basic questions about my interests and team experiences then I got a chance to ask about BlackRock but it doesn't seem like a place I'd like to work.

Interview Question – Tell me about a negative team experience you have had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interview questions were generally behavioral. A great deal of emphasis was placed on a long-term interest in asset management specifically (i.e.-- candidate should be committed to the field for several years and not harbor desires to leverage over to IBD or S&T at another shop). There were no "technical" questions, per se, but there were a few "gotcha" questions-- was asked what the Dow Index was at that morning, what the US 10 year was, etc. etc. Interviewer was not looking for decimal-level accuracy, and was instead gauging how closely one followed the markets in general. A few generic questions about where I foresaw markets going over the next 12 months, etc.-- he challenged a few of my points presumably to see how I could think on my feet. Generally he was a nice guy and the interview was casual.

Interview Questions

• Approximately, what is the Dow at this morning? What is the 10-year treasury trading at? What is the S&P 500 trading at?   View Answer
  • Pitch me a stock in the present market. Pitch me a country or an industry sector that you think has potential over the next 12 months.   View Answer

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2012.

Interview Details – Got an interview for risk analyst. been interviewed by 3 different people, about 30 min each. very straight forward, non tricky questions. technical and competency based questions.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – These people ask basic java question, as people in blackrock are not that technically sound and work mainly on perl, m-perl

Interview Question – May ask some finance terms   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 week

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got a referral for BlackRock.
Then i received a call from the HR. I had an offer in hand,so the HR wanted to discuss the salary before even having a telephonic technical discussion/screening.

Telephonic Interviewer again started discussing salary first. I do not know why they are fearing screening people. See whether you need him/her first.

I always used to think a product base firm like BlackRock pays higher than others. But its a myth.

Interview Question – We cannot offer you the package you already have. Would you want to continue the interview ?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

Interview Details – There are 5 technical+1 HR rounds in total in which 1 is telephonic and 4 are Video Conferencing.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better Oppurtunity

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2013.

Interview Details – Directly called me for interview. Asked about my CV. projects I had done.
Then numerical questions on bonds, mortgages, derivatives were asked. They ask us to explain everything in detail.

Interview Question – They asked me to derive certain formulas we use in Finance. You need to be very clear about basics.   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – 5 Technical interviews with the team with which you would be working.
1 HR interview
1 interview with the manager

Interview Question – What you liked most about your present company and what would you like to change in it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock