BlackRock

Updated Nov 9, 2014

3.2

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2009.

I applied online through a college recruiting website and got an interview for a financial analyst position. The interviewer seemed uninterested in the interview process and was not engaging at all. I don't know why a company would send someone who doesn't like to talk to people to conduct on campus interviews. Anyway, the interview went ok, basic questions about my interests and team experiences then I got a chance to ask about BlackRock but it doesn't seem like a place I'd like to work.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a negative team experience you have had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2009.

Pretty much straight forward finance interview. A lot of behavioral and fit questions considering it was a firmwide analyst hire. Got the interview through a resume drop to the college career center. one-to-one interviews. Though I thought the interview was very conversational, the interviewer wasn't very interested in what I have to say about my resume, which kind of set me off a bit. Other than that, I have heard that the firm is very horizontal in structure and diverse in academic sense.

Interview Questions
    • Which group would you like to join as an analyst?   View Answer
    • Walk me through your resume.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2008.

Interview questions were generally behavioral. A great deal of emphasis was placed on a long-term interest in asset management specifically (i.e.-- candidate should be committed to the field for several years and not harbor desires to leverage over to IBD or S&T at another shop). There were no "technical" questions, per se, but there were a few "gotcha" questions-- was asked what the Dow Index was at that morning, what the US 10 year was, etc. etc. Interviewer was not looking for decimal-level accuracy, and was instead gauging how closely one followed the markets in general. A few generic questions about where I foresaw markets going over the next 12 months, etc.-- he challenged a few of my points presumably to see how I could think on my feet. Generally he was a nice guy and the interview was casual.

Interview Questions
    • Approximately, what is the Dow at this morning? What is the 10-year treasury trading at? What is the S&P 500 trading at?   View Answer
    • Pitch me a stock in the present market. Pitch me a country or an industry sector that you think has potential over the next 12 months.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

The whole process took about two months, mostly waiting for their calls. I got the first call in a week after submitting the application online
    The process was meeting HR ->VP->Director & Teammate->Written test. Generally asked about working experience and what is expected from BlackRock
    The HR arrangement was a bit messy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock.

These people ask basic java question, as people in blackrock are not that technically sound and work mainly on perl, m-perl

1 week

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in November 2013.

2 Weeks, 6 Interviews: commercial awareness, technical, brain teasers, guesstimates etc. Similar to banking, but depends a lot on what you have applied to. Overall good experience, you get to meet the people you'll be working with.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Got a referral for BlackRock.
    Then i received a call from the HR. I had an offer in hand,so the HR wanted to discuss the salary before even having a telephonic technical discussion/screening.

Telephonic Interviewer again started discussing salary first. I do not know why they are fearing screening people. See whether you need him/her first.

I always used to think a product base firm like BlackRock pays higher than others. But its a myth.

Interview Questions
    • We cannot offer you the package you already have. Would you want to continue the interview ?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

There are 5 technical+1 HR rounds in total in which 1 is telephonic and 4 are Video Conferencing.

Better Oppurtunity

Analyst Interview

5 Technical interviews with the team with which you would be working.
    1 HR interview
    1 interview with the manager

Interview Questions
    • What you liked most about your present company and what would you like to change in it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2013.

Directly called me for interview. Asked about my CV. projects I had done.
    Then numerical questions on bonds, mortgages, derivatives were asked. They ask us to explain everything in detail.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to derive certain formulas we use in Finance. You need to be very clear about basics.   Answer Question