BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was directly with management, very thorough CV questions. SuperDay was rough, first a panel (nice team) asking mostly CV and fit questions, then a 1:1 (aggressive), up to now not sure if it was a meant to be a stress interview or the guy was just annoyed by me being there. That being said, know a lot of detail about the company. Felt like interview skills were being tested more than actual technical skills. Questions on conflict and lying.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview with one employee in the solution team. There were basically no behavioral questions. Several technical questions, consisted of math, programming. They got back to me that evening, gave me the on-site interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online through a college recruiting website and got an interview for a financial analyst position. The interviewer seemed uninterested in the interview process and was not engaging at all. I don't know why a company would send someone who doesn't like to talk to people to conduct on campus interviews. Anyway, the interview went ok, basic questions about my interests and team experiences then I got a chance to ask about BlackRock but it doesn't seem like a place I'd like to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a negative team experience you have had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Pretty much straight forward finance interview. A lot of behavioral and fit questions considering it was a firmwide analyst hire. Got the interview through a resume drop to the college career center. one-to-one interviews. Though I thought the interview was very conversational, the interviewer wasn't very interested in what I have to say about my resume, which kind of set me off a bit. Other than that, I have heard that the firm is very horizontal in structure and diverse in academic sense.

Interview Questions

• Which group would you like to join as an analyst?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

Interview questions were generally behavioral. A great deal of emphasis was placed on a long-term interest in asset management specifically (i.e.-- candidate should be committed to the field for several years and not harbor desires to leverage over to IBD or S&T at another shop). There were no "technical" questions, per se, but there were a few "gotcha" questions-- was asked what the Dow Index was at that morning, what the US 10 year was, etc. etc. Interviewer was not looking for decimal-level accuracy, and was instead gauging how closely one followed the markets in general. A few generic questions about where I foresaw markets going over the next 12 months, etc.-- he challenged a few of my points presumably to see how I could think on my feet. Generally he was a nice guy and the interview was casual.

Interview Questions

• Approximately, what is the Dow at this morning? What is the 10-year treasury trading at? What is the S&P 500 trading at?   1 Answer
    • Pitch me a stock in the present market. Pitch me a country or an industry sector that you think has potential over the next 12 months.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock in August 2015.

Interview

Got a call directly from the company for there retail business. There were 4 rounds of interview(excluding the HR round) 1st being telephonic, 2nd (interview panel consisting of the team leaders), 3rd (f2f with VP) and 4th round (video conference with US counterpart) at the company premises. Was called after 2 weeks for the salary discussions which went well as I didn't have any expectations being jobless for an year. They released the offer letter after another week which was followed by a through background verification. Hiring process went smooth only difficulty I faced was arranging all the documents for the background verification which included my current address proof, previous address proof of last one year, copy of resignation letter and all the marksheets including the degree of the second highest education.

Interview Questions

• Mostly grilled on the difference in my current experience and the skillset they need which was majorly for RFI and RFP   Answer Question
    • Why am I looking to switch my profile.   1 Answer
    • Why did I quit my last job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Even though I did not have the exact experience they are looking for, yet they think I was trainable having finance as my core subject during my MBA. Was not in position to negotiate as I desperately needed a job along with the role switch.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had 1 telephonic interview which I cleared. Then waiting for next rounds of interview. Want to know what are the other rounds and compensation details. Please specify clearly whether all other rounds are core java specific or advanced java.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The whole process took about two months, mostly waiting for their calls. I got the first call in a week after submitting the application online The process was meeting HR ->VP->Director & Teammate->Written test. Generally asked about working experience and what is expected from BlackRock The HR arrangement was a bit messy

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

These people ask basic java question, as people in blackrock are not that technically sound and work mainly on perl, m-perl

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1 week

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in November 2013.

Interview

2 Weeks, 6 Interviews: commercial awareness, technical, brain teasers, guesstimates etc. Similar to banking, but depends a lot on what you have applied to. Overall good experience, you get to meet the people you'll be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation