BlackRock

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.1

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Very great people who interviewed me for the role. All of them have been gone and the interviewer this time is really tough. Also lots of agencies are complaining about it. And very robust.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Associate Interview

contacted through email to set up a video interview after 5 days of online application
    interview had basic question about me and about the company
    not many technical questions
    however it was weird seeing your self being recorded

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in September 2010.

Interviewer asked more on academics scores of graduation & MBA rather checking my knowledge

very poor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in May 2012.

There was one telephonic round which was taken by a person to understand my skillset.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2011.

The interview process went well. BlackRock interviews are different and less structured than other financial services companies. It made it easy to tell my story and control the direction of the interview. I would give myself an A rating for the interview. Unfortunately, when I heard back about a second round, BlackRock informed me that rather than not being selected for a second round, they were not looking to fill the position any more.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you worked very hard for something but were not able to achieve the goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2010.

Organised and structured. Provided a very clear idea of BlackRock and the goals of the team I was joining.

Yes. I spoke to HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2008.

Interview was somewhat quantitative, but friendly. Make sure you are comfortable with what you are talking about.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2010.

I first applied online, got a call back and a phone interview, then came in to interview twice. After the second interview, I was offered the job. After negotiations ensued, I accepted the job. I took a drug test and had to be subjected to a background, credit and drug test before the offer was finalized.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2011.

Panel interview face to face, then panel interview on video conference. Questions ranged from technical to thorough examination of CV. Test of basic maths and speed of calculation. Was also a get to know the person type of interview - they wanted to see how I could fit in to the people I would be working with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2011.

I was referred to the job by a friend for a specific position. I was asked to interview with six people over the course of four hours. I was then asked to return for a series of follow-up interviews with another four employees for over two hours a week later. I was offered the job less than two weeks after the initial series of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to evaluate how to I would introduce a new product to a new market and what processes or resources I would need in order to ensure a successful product launch. I was also asked why I was leaving a fairly lucrative and successful investment banking job to join a larger corporation.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate a higher starting salary but was unsuccessful in getting more money. I accepted the initial offer presented.