BlackRock Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

3.1

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Call from HUMAN RESOURCE, Written test with Excel and fiance questions, 3 rounds of interview, interview with process head then final negotiation with HR. It is same as most companies followed in Delhi NCR.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

There was one telephonic round which was taken by a person to understand my skillset.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Positive and kept well informed. Had a 30 minute Dave to face interview with 2 interviewers. Relatively basic questions and some competency based. All in all a positive experience was had

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Panel interview face to face, then panel interview on video conference. Questions ranged from technical to thorough examination of CV. Test of basic maths and speed of calculation. Was also a get to know the person type of interview - they wanted to see how I could fit in to the people I would be working with.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2011.

Interview

Went through a recruitment agency. All new positions are dealt via the regional head office in Hong Kong so the recruiter never gets to meet your eventual manager. I had a phone interview with HR in Hong Kong and then three interviews - one with the hiring manager and two with with senior stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• The questions from HR were the standard behavioral type questions such as "how do you work in a team", "how do you deal with difficult stakeholders" etc. Stakeholder questions were more about what I had accomplished in previous roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took a week from the final interview to receiving the offer as everything has to go via the Hong Kong office. The recruiter tried to get me to accept for less money, which I refused. The background check is horrendous, they want every tiny detail, including high school contact details (I have been working for 20 years) and pay slips from former employers.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

Organised and structured. Provided a very clear idea of BlackRock and the goals of the team I was joining.

Negotiation

Yes. I spoke to HR

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2010.

Interview

I first applied online, got a call back and a phone interview, then came in to interview twice. After the second interview, I was offered the job. After negotiations ensued, I accepted the job. I took a drug test and had to be subjected to a background, credit and drug test before the offer was finalized.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewer asked more on academics scores of graduation & MBA rather checking my knowledge

Interview Questions

• your college score   1 Answer
    • why you want to leave the current company   1 Answer

Negotiation

very poor

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2009.

Interview

Pretty tough but very thorough - asked a lot on market situation and were interested to know what I thought was the cause of the economic crises. A group of highly intelligent, very friendly people. Off-putting in the sense that the interviewers asked technical questions in a pretty conversational, casual manner. One thing - they take weeks to get back to you post Superday, which i thought was pretty strange for such a well-run company, but didn't get offer. The on-campus interview before that was very conversational, almost no behavioral or fit, just a casual conversation on where we both thought markets were heading and what we considered to be the future of Asset Management. Overall lots of fun but pretty stressful.

Interview Questions

• If you started working with our team tomorrow, what would be the first thing you asked to look at?   Answer Question
    • what do you think caused the collapse of the market?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Interview was somewhat quantitative, but friendly. Make sure you are comfortable with what you are talking about.