BlackRock

3.1

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock.

Recruiter called me after I applied directly on their website. Once a fit once determined another person from HR helped set up the interview. Interview was in person with 2 persons separately.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very technical. In-depth questions regarding stock selection/research/etc.   Answer Question

PAG Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2014.

I got the interview through on campus recruiting. There was an initial 30-minute conversation with a member of the team, on campus. I didn't receive a response from them until several weeks later, when I was called up for a superday. Spoke with 4 additional members of the team on-site, for 30 minutes each. Mostly friendly people, but the role seemed to consist of mostly support/operational work. The office in San Francisco is very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the CEO of BlackRock, who was our first acquisition, what is the copy-paste UNIX command, why BlackRock, why PAG, tell me about your past experiences, what's going on in the market. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackRock.

Initial communication was great, HR was very friendly and easy to work with. I had a screening interview over the phone and then went on to interview for a couple positions. There was a lot of energy and the people seemed friendly and motivated with very high standards, which was all great.

Interview Questions
    • Hard to say... after establishing that I had no financial background or any knowledge of investments whatsoever and that I was open and eager to learn, I was asked if I did research into what their particular department did and was encouraged to discuss it with the hiring managers.   View Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in June 2014.

Contacted by BlackRock recruitor out of NY office. Interview was scheduled with two other paralegals about 2 weeks after initial contact. Scheduled for lunch-hour. Very disorganized and nerve-racking. Admitted at meeting this was first time reviewing resume.

Interview Questions
    • Silence. The interview felt as if they were going through the motions, that it was not real, and there was never any genuine intention of consideration. Very frustrating.   Answer Question

Risk& Quantitative Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at BlackRock in May 2014.

I applied through college or university. Mostly easy questions. Some are technical, some brain teasers. Then they asked questions about my resume. The interview was about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • I have to review my textbooks to answer some of the technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

A 30 min phone interview followed by a on-site interview. I failed at the first round. They only asked behavior questions in the phone interview. They go through two big projects on my resume. Then they asked me how to use HashMap in JAVA, which is to override the hashcode() and equals() method. Equals method is used to avoid the collision.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2014.

I turned in my resume on BlackRock's website. I was contacted a month later for a short introductory phone interview. I was contacted a week after that by e-mail to come in for an interview. The interview was a total of two hours long. I met with two people first then I gave a short presentation on the market. Then I met with another two people.

Interview Questions
    • What are your opinions on the bond markets right now? More than just the typical text book answer.   Answer Question

Client Businesses Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

I found out about the position from my university's career website, which instructed me to apply on the BlackRock website in addition to applying through my university. I received a phone call within a week from the recruiter to schedule a 30 minute phone interview.

The initial phone screening was fairly easy, no technical questions or difficult questions at all. Mostly just talked about my background and previous experiences. Maybe some behavioral questions like "tell me about a time you worked in a group."

After a couple days, I was invited to attend the Superday at their office. It consisted of two 45-60 minute interviews with two interviewers each. The first interview was much more conversational, while the second was a little more difficult and formal. I was not given many technical questions in general, which may have been because of my background or the nature of the position.

After lunch, all the candidates were given a group activity to work together and give a presentation to the recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite and least favorite course you've taken?   View Answer

PAG Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

All the questions were behavioral and not quantitative. The second round was meeting 5 people at their office, some about the market and some about experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

I was contacted by my campus recruiter to set up an on campus interview. Interview went fairly well. Questions involved some basic OOP concepts and the use of data structures. Three weeks later, I was called into the San Francisco office for a second round of interviews which went well. Second round consisted of around four interviews and questions were all mostly related to JAVA concepts and general system design.