BlackRock

BlackRock Client Businesses Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

I found a posting via my school's Campus Recruiting website (in December); the posting directed me to apply directly to BlackRock's online career page. The deadline to apply was a Sunday, and Monday morning I received an "application on hold" detail. Wednesday around noon I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was 30 minutes with a VP. The interview was fairly conversational. I had previous experience with a different firm and we spoke mostly of that and a few "common" interview questions such as "tell me about a time you worked in a group" and different variations of these types of questions. NO TECHNICALS. This phone interview was on a Tuesday, and Thursday afternoon I received an email inviting me to Super Day --in office-- the following Monday. The Super Day consisted of two 45 minute interviews with either Directors or VPs and one Group Interview (project) to end the day. The interviews were again conversational, and not technical. Mostly getting to know me, a few strengths weaknesses type of questions, and a few critical thinking questions which I assume was to test my competence. Received a phone call soon after extending an offer.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember. But the tell me three weaknesses and three strengths and how they would strengthen the blkrock team question was kind of surprising.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Client Businesses Summer Analyst Interview

First applied online and got an email about booking on their internal system about the first HR interview. Afterwards, no group assessment, instead they had individual interviews for me with 2 vps respectively. Then, I met 3 heads/managing directors of the team that will hire interns the coming summer.

Client Businesses Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2014.

First round is an HR from HK asking fit questions and why blackrock
    received the email for next round in the evening that day
    and I'm waiting for the second interview next week at the moment

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an example that you solve the conflict between two teams   Answer Question