BlackRock Director Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

This was a long drawn out process and frankly a waste of time. I was called to a casual meeting which led to multiple onsite interviews and then nothing. They kept saying that they wanted change yet no one I met was ready to change.
Advice: One day you will realize that you are treating applicants poorly and that your practices are turning people off. In a service industry, I imagine that you would want to have your applicants to be treated the same as clients. In my case, I was both and now I am neither!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process was well defined, interviewers were very friendly and exhibited a passion for the organization. Most interviewers had a long tenure with the company and had held various diverse roles over the years.

Negotiation

very fair offer - did not negotiate

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

interview based process with several interviews - perhaps three or 4, including two by telephone with partners and managers in the United States, with a formal offer made by letter after verbal offer by phone

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied on-line and was contacted by the company recruiter to arrange an interview with the hiring manager. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager lasting about 30-45 mins. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager said that they want to bring me in for face-to-face interviews with several stakeholders.

I didn't hear anything for about 3 weeks and so I contacted the recruiter. Finally got an e-mail saying that they made an offer to another candidate who had accepted. Were they ever going to let me know ? What a waste of time and effort. Very unsatisfactory experience.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions related to the job itself. Nothing out of the ordinary or tricky   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Excellent and very, very thorough. Done face to face and via vc

Negotiation

Don't just accept first offer