BlackRock

BlackRock Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland

2.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

1st round is Phone call (one manager from ProdOps and one manager from DBA), lasts for 1 hour; and then the second round is video conference, three rounds in total.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2011.

Panel interview face to face, then panel interview on video conference. Questions ranged from technical to thorough examination of CV. Test of basic maths and speed of calculation. Was also a get to know the person type of interview - they wanted to see how I could fit in to the people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

Settlements Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in September 2009.

The initial stage was a face to face interview for around 20 minutes. They didnt ask anything in specific but just general chat of my work expericence and reasons of why I am looking for a change in jobs. The highlight was, there was no competancy based questions. After a week, I got a feedback saying , the interviewer had gvien excellent feedback and they requested a second face to face interview. This time, I was interviewed by a VP. The interview, again this time, didnt not cover any questions that would asses my knowledge. But was a general chat of the role is and what will be expected to do. He seemed very positive about prospect of me joining the firm. He mentioned that since the first interview's feedback was excellent, I am no going to ask you any more question to asses your abilites. I gathered the courage to ask him , if he is happy to make me an offer and he replied affirmative to it. This 2nd interview lasted 20 minutes. They came back to me after 1.5 weeks saying that my experience didnt match with what they were looking for and thus they will not be offering this position to me. I was really gutted, because, the reasons they were giving were complete absurdt. If my experience didnt match, why did they call me for a second interview. And if I was called for a second interview, why wasnt my expereince questioned during the second interview.This experience really gave me a very bad impression about the professionalism of the firm and the managment involved.

Interview Questions