BlackRock

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

Interview Details – Referred Through An Employee
Spoke with a Recruiter then an Analyst then was invited to to Superday

Interview Question – Only Behavioral questions so far   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was thorough but fair. It included three rounds of interviews, the last of which was long and included 7 interviews. The people were very nice, and while they asked a lot of questions, they did not try to make me uncomfortable or stressed.

Interview Question – When will you know you have been successful in this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Generous offer.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in June 2010.

Interview Details – Received phone call - went through screening rounds with HR and some mid-level people. Interviews were both personality based and ask some concept type questions to understand technical skills. Asked back for interviews with more high level people - the questions were even more about fit and personality, although high level concept questions were asked again. Final round was with Sr level people and followed the same basic principles.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Obtained better job offer.

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2010.

Interview Details – focus on SQL for portfolio analytics group

Interview Question – design a data base   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Highly selective. On the assessment day there were 10 candidates competing for one position. One interviewer was friendly, another very harsh and strict.

Interview Question – What is duration?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Interview Details – Resume shortlisting
Telephonic round if not in the same city
Rest of the rounds are 1 to 1
HR screening
Written Test : Logical reasoning, 10th standard arithmetic like speed and distance, etc , quantitative analysis, DS(data sufficiency), English grammar
Technical Interview with the team lead/process lead
Final HR round

Interview Question – What would be your next destination when you want to leave this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – yes, I was able to negotiate well. One needs to market him/herself. Negotiation depends on your marketable skill.
HR would give due respect to your reasoning behind negotiation.
Relocation expenses are born by the company. Also 1st month stay is arranged at company guest house.

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was studying abroad and applied online to BlackRock because the deadline was coming to a close. I applied for the Graduate Program for BlackRock, and was accepted for a first round interview. Questions were harder than most of the other interviews I have had, because you would actually need current information in order to stay on top of the interview questions. Interviewer was nice, and the interview lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!