BlackRock Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online. Then I received email about vedio interview. I was required to log on a system then record interview. There was only two questions. After presented the question, I was given 10 minutes to prepare. First question is why this university and why this major. Second question is why this company why this position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request for a video interview screen. I was given ten minutes to prepare for each question and two minutes to respond. I only had one chance to record each answer. After I submitted the videos, I got an email for a followup interview a couple days later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a video interview over a skype-like service. They asked me behavioral questions. It was very based on my resume and past experience. I was interviewed by a second-year analyst. I felt like I was under pressure the entire time and she was waiting for me to make a mistake. To be fair, it was one of my first interview experiences so it may have been more difficult for me than others.

Interview Questions

• What is a trend in finance you have been following?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Mostly competency based. Be prepared for standard 'fit' questions as well, and be ready to walk them through your resume. The technicals were relatively straightforward. Consisted of two 30 minute interviews.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email about an interview. Had a phone interview where they asked me some questions about java and a few about how some current events would affect certain markets. Was not prepared for it at all.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview on campus for the tech internship. The interviewer was friendly, but didn't ask really anything about me, just explained the position and BlackRock. Then we worked through a problem of how I would approach organizing a set of data. Overall, was a good experience, took them a week to offer a second round

Interview Questions

• How I would set up a set of data to tailor to the client's request?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by my campus recruiter to set up an on campus interview. Interview went fairly well. Questions involved some basic OOP concepts and the use of data structures. Three weeks later, I was called into the San Francisco office for a second round of interviews which went well. Second round consisted of around four interviews and questions were all mostly related to JAVA concepts and general system design.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the recruiter about a week later. The internship position was to be part time in the local office and we scheduled a phone interview in the next couple days. Phone interview was pretty easy and the interviewer was very nice. Just talked about qualifications and what the job would entail. I followed up with the phone interview a week later and she told me that I didn't get the position. Though the later steps of the interview process I remember would be two more interviews with one with an actual graduate of my university and another with a manager. Pay was going to be a little low though.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BlackRock and asset managed securities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First had a 1:1 interview, then attended the Super Day that lasted for four hours (1 group case, then 4 individual intervies)

Interview Questions

• what's the degree between the short hand and the long hand at 3:15   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in May 2013.

Interview

Very easy basic sql questions and they help in giving answers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation