BlackRock Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

3.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Interview on campus for the tech internship. The interviewer was friendly, but didn't ask really anything about me, just explained the position and BlackRock. Then we worked through a problem of how I would approach organizing a set of data. Overall, was a good experience, took them a week to offer a second round

Interview Questions
  • How I would set up a set of data to tailor to the client's request?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

I was contacted by my campus recruiter to set up an on campus interview. Interview went fairly well. Questions involved some basic OOP concepts and the use of data structures. Three weeks later, I was called into the San Francisco office for a second round of interviews which went well. Second round consisted of around four interviews and questions were all mostly related to JAVA concepts and general system design.

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Applied online and received an email from the recruiter about a week later. The internship position was to be part time in the local office and we scheduled a phone interview in the next couple days.

Phone interview was pretty easy and the interviewer was very nice. Just talked about qualifications and what the job would entail.

I followed up with the phone interview a week later and she told me that I didn't get the position. Though the later steps of the interview process I remember would be two more interviews with one with an actual graduate of my university and another with a manager. Pay was going to be a little low though.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about BlackRock and asset managed securities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in May 2013.

Very easy basic sql questions and they help in giving answers

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

First had a 1:1 interview, then attended the Super Day that lasted for four hours (1 group case, then 4 individual intervies)

Interview Questions
    • what's the degree between the short hand and the long hand at 3:15   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

After resume drop, I received an invitation to an on campus interview. The interviewer was from the local office, though the position was for the NY office. The questions were all behavioral, no technical questions. I had applied to an internship posting for their IR team but ended up with an offer to join a different team.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. The interviewer first asked me if I knew BLK was not a bank--I think they're used to stupid college kids who don't know what BLK is.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Referred by a friend to the company. Screening phone call was entirely fit based and went great. Superday consisted of 4 30 minute interviews, and was a mix of behavioral and fix questions. Ex: What is quantitative easing?

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

First interview was on-campus. Questions included "why blackrock" and "walk me through a dcf." Second round was at their San Francisco office, consisting of four rounds. Questions were varied. There were brainteasers, strict technical questions (what is convexity? why is it important?), questions on market currents (what is QE? what is it supposed to be doing to the bond market/economy? what is actually occurring?) , theoretical questions on economics, current events (interview took place during Tunisia/Egypt uprisings) , and very specific questions about where certain indices were at (Dow Jones/S&P/etc).

Interview Questions
    • What is convexity? How is it calculated? What does it tell you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Had a one on one interview at my schools career center. Pretty standard questions to assess fit and to determine interest in finance. Never felt intimidated or lacking in knowledge with the questions. Interview was 30 minutes but it seemed very short. Not a single question that was unexpected or I was unprepared for.

Interview Questions
    • What are some current events that might have an impact on the markets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in May 2008.

I was a referral. They called me in and spoke to me one on one, then the rest of the group came in to speak with me. It was a normal interview with basic questions. I've heard that they do very technical interviews otherwise though. I would offer all other candidates to study their technicals and be ready to get grilled. The culture is very tense and everyone is on the verge of going off on the next person.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you took control of a group and failed   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!