Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock
- Summer Analyst (45)
- Analyst (43)
- Software Engineer (24)
- Intern (22)
- PAG Analyst (20)
- Associate (19)
- Aladdin & Technology (8)
- Financial Analyst (7)
- Portfolio Analyst (7)
- Analyst, Aladdin and Technology (7)
- Internal Wholesaler (6)
- Financial Modeling Group (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Client Relationship Associate (5)
- RQA Analyst (5)
- Sales Associate (4)
- Director (4)
- PAG Summer Analyst (4)
- Operations Analyst (4)
- Client Businesses Summer Analyst (4)
- Aladdin Client Services Analyst (3)
- Client Services Analyst (3)
- Operations (3)
- Software Engineer Intern (3)
- Technology Analyst (3)
- Quantitative Analyst (3)
- Quantitative Research Analyst (3)
- Human Resources Analyst (3)
- Vice President (3)
- Trading Assistant (3)
Internal Wholesaler Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ).
I applied through Linkedin Premium and received a call within 1 week. I was scheduled to meet with the team in Princeton, NJ shortly there after. Interview was heavy on fixed income outlook so I would make sure you brush up on it prior to your interview. The interview was a complete mess because all three managers I was set to meet with called in sick that day. I was interviewed by people in different departments or people without any HR experience. They routinely asked which position I was interviewing for and mentioned that they didn't cover that particular area or weren't aware of any openings. I left rather furious.
- Where do you interest rates going? Do you see spreads tightening? What opportunities are there available in the fixed income space right now? 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock
Internal Wholesaler InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.
I turned in my resume on BlackRock's website. I was contacted a month later for a short introductory phone interview. I was contacted a week after that by e-mail to come in for an interview. The interview was a total of two hours long. I met with two people first then I gave a short presentation on the market. Then I met with another two people.
- What are your opinions on the bond markets right now? More than just the typical text book answer. Answer Question
Internal Wholesaler InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in February 2014.
Brief interview. They were looking for a heavy sales Rep
- Give me advice on the what I should do with my portfolio in this economy Answer Question
Internal Wholesaler InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in February 2010.
Process took about 8 weeks. Initial Phone screen. Phone Interview. In person interview with 6 managers.
- Behavioral, give examples. Answer Question
Internal Wholesaler InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
Contacted by HR for a phone interview. Then had an face-to-face interview in the new york office.
- How has your manager said you can improve? Answer Question
Internal Wholesaler InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).
Received a call from HR recruiter, 3 days later I received an email confirming an interview date. Went in for 4 one on one interviews, followed by a 1 on 1 with the department director a week later. Most questions were related to the market or products
- Describe the current state of the capital markets. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review