BlackRock

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Question – All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question

FMA Interview

FMA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Attended an information session at my University. After the information session, I applied through the job board of the career services office at my University. It was a one on one interview. Most of the questions were about my resume and past experiences. No technical questions.

Interview Question – Questions were not technical at all, which was surprising. My background was in originating debt and equity products for financial institutions, so I reviewed banking valuation and credit analysis. The job was to work with the team that provided advisory services to banks.   Answer Question

Risk& Quantitative Analysis Interview

Risk& Quantitative Analysis
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at BlackRock in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university. Mostly easy questions. Some are technical, some brain teasers. Then they asked questions about my resume. The interview was about two hours.

Interview Question – I have to review my textbooks to answer some of the technical questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – 2 HR interviews on the phone and connected with higher management for referral. Asked basic questions like why blackrock and why the position? Still waiting to hear back for next steps, so hopefully!

Negotiation Details – Still waiting to hear back so...

Nav Analyst Interview

Nav Analyst
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on Linked In for an acct position and then a recruiter contacted me about the analyst position. It took about 2 weeks to schedule an interview. I met with 9-10 people on the Interview day and spent 2 hours there. They didn't follow up w/me.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult, just tell me about yourself, why this position, know about the company, excel, what were your accomplishments at last job, what did you learn, what do you want to gain in your 1st 30 days. What are your strengths etc.   Answer Question

RQA Analyst Interview

RQA Analyst

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – I applied on line. The process took about two weeks. Then I got a call from HR. on site interview questions are very technical. with one brain teaser each round. There were three round on site interviews. I got rejected on the second round

Interview Question – a brain teaser about american option.   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2014.

Interview Details – I turned in my resume on BlackRock's website. I was contacted a month later for a short introductory phone interview. I was contacted a week after that by e-mail to come in for an interview. The interview was a total of two hours long. I met with two people first then I gave a short presentation on the market. Then I met with another two people.

Interview Question – What are your opinions on the bond markets right now? More than just the typical text book answer.   Answer Question

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Intern Interview

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Intern

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – Submitted application through campus career website and did on campus interview

Interview Question – Interview questions were fair. Asked about your interest, past experience, and hobbies.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Took about a month for the whole process. Applied online, received phone interview (with HR)-tell my about your resume, background, etc. general questions. Then group interview with managers (3) about 30 mins. each.

Interview Question – Why BlackRock?
What is an put/call?
Tell me about your resume (Walk them through it)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but was unsuccessful, I just accepted their initial offer.

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!