BlackRock

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Application submission - resume/cover letter through school and website, Initial screening with Montage video recording interviews where you're given impromptu questions online, and have 2 minutes to record your answer. First rounds also online, this time live with an interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • When were you innovative, why finance, why BlackRock, introductory video about yourself
      The Montage system was supposed to facilitate the process, but on the day of the deadline, lots of connectivity issues, which resulted in multiple calls to tech support - annoying problem, but tech people were nice and helpful. No technical questions in the screening phase

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interviewed for the Portfolio Analytics Group. Great experience overall. Did first-round on campus, then went to their office for the Superday. Superday consisted of 4 or 5 (can't remember) 30 min interviews. Pretty sure I didn't get the position because I fumbled a rather basic economic question. But I really liked the company culture and all the people I met, so I applied again this year, for a different group. Make sure you know about BlackRock and what's been going on in the markets.

Business Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

I applied online. I received an email about being selected for the first round of interviews. The first round was answering three questions via video online (2 minutes each). Less than a week later, I got another email about being selected for another virtual interview. This seems like a very selective process thus far.

Interview Questions
    • What are you doing now to learn more about the financial market and asset management in particular?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite class and why?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to be very creative to solve a problem. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

I was invited to do the montage interview. Kind of weird, but they were good questions. It has been a week and not heard back from them, but my application account reads "interview scheduled". I am not sure what is going on, but I am hopeful

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied online. Received a request for a video interview screen. I was given ten minutes to prepare for each question and two minutes to respond. I only had one chance to record each answer. After I submitted the videos, I got an email for a followup interview a couple days later.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview a few weeks later. The phone interview was 30 mins and we went over my resume, internship experience etc. Brief question about set, list and map. I was then called up for a 3 hour in person interview in NY with 4 rotating interviewers. Questions ranged from: what do you know about the company, why this position, tell me about yourself to more detailed questions on programming knowledge and previous projects. They were nice and asked questions related to the things you said for example, "you mentioned abstract classes and interfaces in java, can you tell me the difference". Difference between C++ and Java. Look at this piece of code and tell me what it does. Write a function that does ... A brain teaser. They also give you a chance to ask questions.
    I wrote no offer, since I am currently waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that takes in a string and an int. The int determines the number of repeated consecutive letters you want to have returned. For example: (aab, 1) -> ab. (aaabba, 2) -> aabba   Answer Question

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock.

campus recruitment. Another interviewer went for lunch so I had an one-on-one interview at school with a VP, a very nice Indian lady. It was kind of casual and had not many technical questions, although I was asked about SQL because it's on my resume. We

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Through NYU On Campus recruitment. Lady was mean! She was not very helpful when it comes to asking questions. She expects an answer for her questions right away or she will be stressed.

Client Businesses Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Got selected to do an online interview where you have to record videos of yourself answering a few questions. Sort of an awkward way to do the first round of interviews because you aren't talking to anyone but it makes sense for HR.

Interview Questions
    • A time you had to be innovative and what the outcomes were   Answer Question

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Applied online in early October. Got called up for a screening interview in mid January. Was required to record and submit a video application on Montage View. A week later scheduled to give a live video interview for the internship position. Screening interview was basic fit questions nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you were creative in solving a problem.   Answer Question