BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.1

Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at BlackRock in July 2013.

Multiple rounds
    Online test, followed by coding and design excercise
    A Panel/gorup interview
    2 1X1Interviews with VP
    1 1X1 discussion with onshore VP
    1 Interview with the director
    Discussion with HR

Interview process was a learning experience in itself. Had a good experience

Interview Questions
    • About company strategy and how your goals align with it   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Had an initial pre screen skype interview with an alumni currently at the firm through campus and then was selected for a second and much shorter phone interview with another individual at the firm who was not an alumni. I was then flown out to New Jersey to a super day interview at the Princeton office where I went through panel style interviews with 4 managers at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about current market trends i.e Fed Tapering, Quantitative Easing, Growth in China & Japan, etc   Answer Question

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock.

Still in the Process. First Round Interview: Montage Center that uses video recording interviews.
    Expecting second and third round fit over the telephone question
    Expecting fourth round technical skills, and in person meetings

Interview Questions
    • 1.why Black Rock and why this specific division
      2. why did you pick your school and your major
      3. what was your most memorable client service experience
      4. how does a technology firm obtain and retain competitive edge
        View Answer

Revenue Associate Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2010.

Hiring process was a bit long. I had an interview in one month and I did not hear back for an extented amount of time. Did not think I was still being considered for the job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied online and got an email from HR regarding the next steps. We set up an interview date and place. I received an interview schedule with the name of the people I would meet.

Interview Questions
    • What did I know about the company?
      Why this job?
      Two technical questions
        Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock.

phone interview about general behavior stuff, then made it to onsight interview where they asked me more technical questions. It was a 3 on 1 interview where they gave me several brain teasers that were quite challenging. Just need to explain your thought process

Analyst Interview

First round on campus & final round super day (4 hours) in the office. Super day consisted of a 3 on 1 interview and a group teamwork project with other candidates interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Understand what is going on with macroeconomic events.   Answer Question

Solution Center Analyst - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

I had two rounds of interviews. The first round was in university career center. The interview was 1:1, and the manager was very nice. I think we had a pretty relaxed and nice conversation. Several weeks after the first round, I got an email to invite me to an on-site interview in New York. The solution team interviewed me one-by-one. Four officers interviewed me, and each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers are very friendly and nice. Their working environments look very comfortable and supporting.

Business Platform Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in July 2010.

Two face-to-face with hiring managers in iShares Product Development. No phone screens. This firm is the baseline for a successful, collegial and innovative market delivery team. The managers knew what you brought to the table, were inclusive and open to external insights and methods that added business value.

N/A - they paid a great rate. No FT opportunity due to Barclays sale of the firm to raise net capital. ($5 billion selling price.)

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in June 2014.

Contacted by BlackRock recruitor out of NY office. Interview was scheduled with two other paralegals about 2 weeks after initial contact. Scheduled for lunch-hour. Very disorganized and nerve-racking. Admitted at meeting this was first time reviewing resume.

Interview Questions
    • Silence. The interview felt as if they were going through the motions, that it was not real, and there was never any genuine intention of consideration. Very frustrating.   Answer Question

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!