BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Apply through website, phone screen, and multiple interviews on various topics like Markets, Technical knowledge, and business knowledge. Also, tested how leadership and team work would be. There also have been bunch of questions on previous experiences.. Had to explain in detail the various projects done during different time periods.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Markets, Technical knowledge, and business knowledge. Also, tested how leadership and team work would be.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Very upfront and direct. Sat in on many levels of interviews. Three interview levels but once you get through the first one, there is a good chance you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do here and what department would you want to work for?   1 Answer

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview. Started with basic java questions and then algorithm question of merge sort. Was asked to write code which capitalize every first letter of word in string and then follow up ques was if we have trailing spaces and output string should maintain those spaces. Was called up for superday which consist of 4 – 45mins iv’s and all were technical. It was strange that they refused to pay for accommodation and travelling expenses, usually company pay for these things. Anyways, 1st iv Director – about resume and code on ‘User types in multiple strings and output should be sorted list of all strings’ (similar to lexicographical order), how should I transfer u 10tb file and u have nly 1tb memory, sort 1TB file and u nly have 1tb memory. 2nd iv Associate – simplest of all. About resume in detail and fizzbuzz ques without % operator and without &. 3rd VP – Rapid Fire round. He asked me in depth on collections and code of arraylist ADD function and resizing handling. 4th VP – Basic java, singleton pattern in detail and reverse string code. Not difficult iv but they like to see your approach and how u think. They like to cover java in depth and all financial companies ask on data structures. Waiting for results.

Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I met with a director of the specific group during the first round of interviews. During the second round of interviews, I met with a group of 5 people within the same group. These individuals ranked from associate to co-director. All of the interview questions were very fair. They asked me to specifically describe my experience in previous positions and wanted me to display a clear interest/passion for the specific industry (alternatives - real estate).

Interview Questions

• Why specifically do you want to work within this division of the group?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through online .Interviewed by vc and developer from apg. Friendly and good interview. Waiting for reply Questions mostly from resume Tell me about design patterns you used? Sql question using groupby and having? What is hibernate used for? Did you used any no sql? What is spring ioc and how can you describe spring ioc?

Ishares Review Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was recruited to start the process which is long and pointless. I played along for 9 interviews... After going through with all of them and the technology that they used for conference calls. (horrible feed back, couldn't hear, couldn't understand half the time) I was told on a Wednesday had to provide a written sample by Friday. I work 40 hours, go to grad school and have a toddler. Written samples are not provided in 2 days with no prior notice. This process proved just how much this company doesnt have their act together. After the way I was treated I would never work for this company. No value of your personal time what so ever. I have asked them to take me off any future offers as well. They called and lead me on for weeks saying how much everyone loved me and how I was the lead candidate. They are repulsive do not waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What my role is currently and how that would tie to my new role.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

They surprised me with a 3 on 1 interview. One VP and two associates interviewed me at the same time. It was fairly conversational and the questions were basic. What do you know about this role, what do you want to do for career, how is your excel, how is your time management skill

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter then set up a Phone interview using an online programming website. I was asked for couple technical conceptual questions then a simple algorithm coding question. The total time was about 45 mins. Nothing from resume was asked.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers(positive and negative), find the maximum sum of consecutive integers.   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Got a phone interview in the afternoon, the interviewer asked very detailed questions about my analytic experiences Interviewer was very intimidating but also very polite and professional You can hear noises on the background

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

First got an email to schedule an interview. Took a long time to get back to me. Then got a call from an analyst working at BlackRock and got a few basic questions that you would get in a first round interview.