BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Alternative Risk Advisory Interview

I had a phone interview where in I was asked to walk through my resume. It was not that technical but do not know on what they want to judge you. After walking through resume gave an overview of company and the job description.
    Asks little on the current financial news of international importance.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in March 2015.

I was told the do on on-line virtual interview, recording my answers. This is the stupidest interview I ever experienced. It's just like wasting my time to talk to the machine.

Bad company culture

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online through its website. First I was asked to record Montage videos at home where I do not need to interact with an actual person. After than I was asked to take three 30 minutes long video interviews. Most of the questions were behavioral; they did not ask much about my skills and abilities.

Business Operations Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Purely behavioral in-person first-round interview. Attended full-8 hour Super Day, split between two divisions ( based off of my original interviewers' roles in the company, not my application). The process was strangely organized- I ended up interviewing for intern positions completely different from the one I originally applied for. Some people were much more engaging than others.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2015.

Entire process took about two months. Screening round was a virtual interview where you simply recorded answers, first round was via Skype and with a director, mainly behavioral questions. The final round was at the office in SF, questions ranged from behavior to some technical, and a few trick questions to see how you think. Everyone was extremely friendly and positive, got a great feel for the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Teach me an economics concept that is normally complex but in a way that someone not attuned to the markets would understand   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

I sent in an initial application and then was invited to complete an automated video interview. Next, I had a skype interview with one team member, lastly, was invited to a final round interview. At the Final Round interview, there were four candidates who each had four 30 minute interviews with different team members in the Chicago office.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

I applied online. Then I received email about vedio interview. I was required to log on a system then record interview. There was only two questions. After presented the question, I was given 10 minutes to prepare. First question is why this university and why this major. Second question is why this company why this position.

APG Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2015.

I got an employee referral, so the process is kind of quick for my situation. The first round is a phone interview. Vary simple questions. Tell my one of your projects which is most interesting. Why BlackRock? One example of teamwork. Two days after the phone interview, I am invited to the Friday SuperDay interview at Seattle. The interviews lasted for 3 hours with five 1:1 interviewer. Majority of the questions are very easy and interviewers are vary nice as well. I don't think there is any technical questions at all. You want to make sure that you prepared every single projects on your resume. The group I am interviewing for is APG, the IT group. My coding background is not very strong while all other candidates are from CS. They have two opening intern positions at APG, software developers and data scientists. They are looking for people with both analytical skills and computer skills such as SQL, Python or Java.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2015.

Applied through college career center and heard back a few months later that they were beginning the hiring process for this position. I completed a one way video screening where 2 basic questions were asked.

After I passed the screening, I received an email saying I was chosen for a video chat interview with a recruiter. This was a very standard interview consisting mostly of behavioral questions trying to gauge your interest in the program and where you would fit in.

Two days later I was told I was selected for a final round interview in New York. They flew me out to New York the following week for a 3 hour interview session that included a lunch, and 3 half hour interviews. Some of the interviews were 2:1 and some were 1:1. It was difficult to gauge what they were looking for here as I thought I answered everything well and that I was getting good vibes from the interviewers, but it was hard to tell. They told me they would get back to me in a week or so. Less than a week later I was told I did not receive an offer.

Overall a positive experience, however the program was really small so the likelihood of being selected was even smaller. It was also very difficult to gauge how well you did which made me uncomfortable, and that was consensus among all of the candidates when we spoke after.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you had to build a relationship with someone professionally.   Answer Question

PAG Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Final Round: went to SF office. pretty chill. everyone was nice. mostly behavioral questions. 4 interviewers in 2 hours. really liked the team. and market questions too. very typical, but different from IB questions. make sure you know asset management company business. Blackrock's position in the industry is important.

Interview Questions
    • Q. Tell me about yourself / What did you do in the past internships? / what computer language did you use and how much do you know?   View Answer