BlackRock

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Aladdin Client Services Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

Submitted application through the university career center services and got an phone interview with the HR. Mostly behavioral questions like your teamwork experience, describe a time when you have to step out your comfort zone, etc. Will have a VC interview with VP next week

Interview Questions
    • what other companies have you applied and have you received any offers   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock.

Recruiter called me after I applied directly on their website. Once a fit once determined another person from HR helped set up the interview. Interview was in person with 2 persons separately.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very technical. In-depth questions regarding stock selection/research/etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Mostly competency based. Be prepared for standard 'fit' questions as well, and be ready to walk them through your resume. The technicals were relatively straightforward.

Consisted of two 30 minute interviews.

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

The interview process was well defined, interviewers were very friendly and exhibited a passion for the organization. Most interviewers had a long tenure with the company and had held various diverse roles over the years.

very fair offer - did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Applied online and received an email about an interview. Had a phone interview where they asked me some questions about java and a few about how some current events would affect certain markets. Was not prepared for it at all.

GPAS Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Applied through LinkedIn. Got an email from HR in regard of some basic information confirmation. Then had a phone interview with one associate and one analyst. Then an on-site interview with 3 VPs and 2 associates. Most questions are based on how much you know about the company and what you can contribute.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Started with a phone interview with a VP in the group. Asked me to walk through my resume and explain how my experience with my current firm prepared me for that role. Later that afternoon HR contacted me to set up onsite interviews. I met with analysts and associates on the team as well as the VP. Questions were mostly fit, but they did ask if I followed financial news and what stories I found interesting. You need to truly understand what you are talking about, not simply repeat words from the articles. They will test your knowledge. Also, know why you want to work at Blackrock particularly the group you're interviewing with. I was then brought back in for another interview with the Director and Managing Director. Both were pleasant, explained their expectations, but mostly wanted know if I had any questions about the role.

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts on Pimco and Bill Gross leaving? What do you think this means for BlackRock?   Answer Question
    HR tried to lowball me. I countered with a range and they came back within my range.

Blackrock Solutions Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

These interviews are pretty standard on-campus interviews. Roughly three rounds with a super day in their New York City headquarters. Interviews tend to be pretty general and HR based; with very few financial-analyses related questions. Tend to hire candidates from finance and tech educational backgrounds. Final round interview will be with roughly 5 people.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Resume submit on school career website - on campus interview - on site interview. I had a super day at the end of October and now I'm waiting. It's been over a week -- anyone heard back?

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock in November 2014.

Applied through the university, and they made me answer questions via email. After that, they set up a phone interview for the position. It was not too difficult, mostly behavioral questions. Then they brought me into their new york office for an interview. It was fairly difficult, and more technical than the other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a working knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments as well as finance with the skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial and team oriented environment? If so, please describe.   Answer Question