BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Got a phone interview in the afternoon, the interviewer asked very detailed questions about my analytic experiences
    Interviewer was very intimidating but also very polite and professional
    You can hear noises on the background

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

First got an email to schedule an interview. Took a long time to get back to me. Then got a call from an analyst working at BlackRock and got a few basic questions that you would get in a first round interview.

V P - Information Technology Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty typical process, HR contact you followed by a phone interview. At that point if there is interest you participate in a series of in person interviews which takes place at their New York office.

Interview Questions

• Tell, me story; in what sourcing environment do I prefer to operate in (structured, process driven, creative); Explain my negotiating styles (analytical, detail driven, high level, etc.)   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a very long process - had 5 rounds of interviews. I met with the whole team throughout the process. You have to be ready for anything - I was asked alot about the current economic situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why are you a fit? What are you currently reading? Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker or boss and if so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Was told by an Alumni contact that there was an internal opening in Princeton. Applied, phone interview was relatively straightforward, pretty basic walk me through your resume, why BlackRock, why sales. Good rapport with the HR rep on the phone and pretty informal. Week later get invited back to a in office interview, meeting with 2 people for 30 minutes each.

Be ready to back up anything you say and supplement your answers because the interviewers were extremely thorough in breaking down your resume and your behavioral answers. Both interviewers asked me about a current event or news story so have a few prepared. Got an answer back inviting me for the final round, which I had a month to prepare for.

Last round was a 10 minute presentation on a mutual fund (you are given some basic literature before hand) followed by a Q&A (both were done in front of 6 people) Follow up questions were technical in nature. After wards there was a 2 on 1 interview for 45 minutes, then a 1 on 1 interview for 45. Standard behavioral questions. Difficult but preparation goes a long way.

3 weeks later received a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do, tell me about an article that you've recently read, how do you stay up to date on markets.   Answer Question

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

30 minute long phone interview talking with the trading manager of the branch located in downtown Seattle at the two union square building. Interview was a simple set of personality and interest questions, culminating in the interviewer answering questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in investments   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

This was a long drawn out process and frankly a waste of time. I was called to a casual meeting which led to multiple onsite interviews and then nothing. They kept saying that they wanted change yet no one I met was ready to change.
    Advice: One day you will realize that you are treating applicants poorly and that your practices are turning people off. In a service industry, I imagine that you would want to have your applicants to be treated the same as clients. In my case, I was both and now I am neither!

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I've interviewed with Blackrock 5 times. Each time is the same thing. Phone interview, they love you. Want you in the next day for an in-person interview. You get the interview in which you speak to on to three people. Waste up to 2 hours of your day. Then you receive the, " Our client would love you, we wan't you to come back again tomorrow after they review resumes. We will call you back no later than 4:30 to give you a final time for tomorrow. The call never comes. And if you call them back they act like they don't know who you are and they've never talked you you.

Interview Questions

• The questions were so generic, they were not qualified to screen candidates.   Answer Question

Information Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview actually went very well from the perspective of answering the questions. I don't know if the company was at all interested in hiring anyone for the position. These people have a very discriminatory hiring process for sure. If you're not white, you should probably not even show up. Just glance over the nearly 100 cubicles, you won't see a single non-white person on the entire floor.

Interview Questions

• What are some basic HTTP request   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I first got a phone interview, mostly behavioral questions. A week later they invited me to an onsite interview, in which I was interviewed by four interviewers one by one, each 30 mins long.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions related to current macroeconomy and also technical questions.   Answer Question