BlackRock

Average Difficulty
396 candidate interviews

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty tough but very thorough - asked a lot on market situation and were interested to know what I thought was the cause of the economic crises. A group of highly intelligent, very friendly people. Off-putting in the sense that the interviewers asked technical questions in a pretty conversational, casual manner. One thing - they take weeks to get back to you post Superday, which i thought was pretty strange for such a well-run company, but didn't get offer. The on-campus interview before that was very conversational, almost no behavioral or fit, just a casual conversation on where we both thought markets were heading and what we considered to be the future of Asset Management. Overall lots of fun but pretty stressful.

Interview Questions

• If you started working with our team tomorrow, what would be the first thing you asked to look at?   Answer Question
  • what do you think caused the collapse of the market?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was on-campus. Questions included "why blackrock" and "walk me through a dcf." Second round was at their San Francisco office, consisting of four rounds. Questions were varied. There were brainteasers, strict technical questions (what is convexity? why is it important?), questions on market currents (what is QE? what is it supposed to be doing to the bond market/economy? what is actually occurring?) , theoretical questions on economics, current events (interview took place during Tunisia/Egypt uprisings) , and very specific questions about where certain indices were at (Dow Jones/S&P/etc).

Interview Question – What is convexity? How is it calculated? What does it tell you?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Question – What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?
  View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incident Analyst Interview

Incident Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Three days, 2.5 hours each time. Video conference room, would speak with 5 or 6 people individually in 30 minute blocks. Interviewers were located globally and were at a director level and above. Asked if I had skill not listed in job description.

Interview Question – What process would you put in place to eliminate incidents.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in November 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent and very, very thorough. Done face to face and via vc

Negotiation Details – Don't just accept first offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Highly selective. On the assessment day there were 10 candidates competing for one position. One interviewer was friendly, another very harsh and strict.

Interview Question – What is duration?   Answer Question

Custody Operations Interview

Custody Operations
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – 8 hour interview meeting with 5 different people, which they don't tell you it's going to be that long, but you have to suck it up if you want the job. Each person gave a detailed description about what they do, what the company is about. benefits, etc. You meet with the big boss at the end and although it's tough, it's not unbearable. Try not to lose your patience.

Interview Question – The usual "textbook" interview questions.   Answer Question

PAG Summer Analyst Interview

PAG Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Interview Details – 4 interviews, where they asked various technical questions.

Interview Questions

PAG Interview

PAG
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2010.

Interview Details – Asked a lot of questions about fixed income securities and economic data

Interview Question – When does unemployment come out?   View Answer

Risk/Quant Alanlysis Interview

Risk/Quant Alanlysis
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Interview Details – no behavioral questions were asked. got right to the meat of it. economy-based questions, market questions, derivative questions. the effect of interest rate on different securities. monetary and fiscal policy. current events. predictions. however, more interested in the reasoning than the correct answer. will ask questions based on what you know from your resume

Interview Question – black scholes modification for american call   Answer Question

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!