BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.1

Modeling Group Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

got an on campus interview and didn't get to the second round

Interview Questions
    • Talk through my resume and ask some data structures questions.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock.

first on campus interview, then onsite interview. the onsite interview included four interviewers, each of them asked questions for 45 minutes. Questions were involved with many aspects of computer science, from computer component to web applications, and some brain teaser.

PAG Analyst Interview

I go to a target recruitment school. Had a first round interview with a managing director at the group. He was very friendly and seemed interested in learning more about my background.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something interesting you read about in the markets recently.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

The communications were very professional. I had one interview with two employees. The Creative Director and a Senior Designer. They were very thorough with the interview. When I showed them my portfolio and they seemed impressed. The poeple in the office are warm and friendly. The office is clean and orderly. The work culture is exceptional.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a job you did not leave on your own recognizance?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied to the position online. About seven weeks later I was contacted for a telephone screen with the hiring manager. The next day, I heard back from HR for in-person interview in New York city. According to the initial schedule communicated by HR, I was scheduled to meet with three people. The actual interview, however, I met with five people.
    The people seemed to be very nice at the interview, but based on the overall experience I am not at all impressed with BlackRock. My thoughts are that it is perfectly fine for this or any other company to reject candidates which we as candidates understand as a normal part of the process. BUT, the thing is that if the candidate has incurred his/her travel expenses, spent time, gone through the effort, then it is only fair for BlackRock or any other company to communicate the rejection in person (preferably) or email. It is absolutely unprofessional and rude of BlackRock or any other company to not provide any communication.

Interview Questions
    • What are key strengths and what differentiates you from other candidates?   Answer Question

RQA Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock.

It's a on campus recruitment.

Industrial Placement Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

CV and covering letter
    Initial meet and greet with interviewers over drinks
    1:1 15 minute interview
    Invited to assessment centre; given information on a company, had to discuss as group then present findings, all whilst being observed (content required little business knowledge) and 3 2:1 interviews, two competency based and one skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were on a path and something happened that caused that path to change, how did you deal with this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

RQA, Analyst Interview

campus interview, asked about resume, then went completely technical. Asked about GARCH, ARCH, time series analysis problems (what problems do you need to pay attention to), Greeks (the change of delta/gamma with regard to strike), volatility smile, conditional expectation, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you process the data before you perform the analysis.   Answer Question

Financial Market Advisory Interview

Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what does the fiscal cliff quantity easing mean   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

First round interview at school- very basic behavioral questions. Second round interview on Superday- including group interview (supposed to be a fun project, but hard to gauge what they were looking for) and 3 on 1 interview. 3 on 1 interview asked a lot of questions about iShares, so make sure to be knowledgeable about that.

Interview Questions
    • Based on what you are seeing in the market, what do you think about the future of iShares?   Answer Question