BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.1

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career center and heard back a few months later that they were beginning the hiring process for this position. I completed a one way video screening where 2 basic questions were asked.

After I passed the screening, I received an email saying I was chosen for a video chat interview with a recruiter. This was a very standard interview consisting mostly of behavioral questions trying to gauge your interest in the program and where you would fit in.

Two days later I was told I was selected for a final round interview in New York. They flew me out to New York the following week for a 3 hour interview session that included a lunch, and 3 half hour interviews. Some of the interviews were 2:1 and some were 1:1. It was difficult to gauge what they were looking for here as I thought I answered everything well and that I was getting good vibes from the interviewers, but it was hard to tell. They told me they would get back to me in a week or so. Less than a week later I was told I did not receive an offer.

Overall a positive experience, however the program was really small so the likelihood of being selected was even smaller. It was also very difficult to gauge how well you did which made me uncomfortable, and that was consensus among all of the candidates when we spoke after.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you had to build a relationship with someone professionally.   Answer Question

PAG Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Final Round: went to SF office. pretty chill. everyone was nice. mostly behavioral questions. 4 interviewers in 2 hours. really liked the team. and market questions too. very typical, but different from IB questions. make sure you know asset management company business. Blackrock's position in the industry is important.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about yourself / What did you do in the past internships? / what computer language did you use and how much do you know?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I had my first technical interview over the phone where the interviewer shared a document for me to code. It was not a hard question. I was not very well prepared for coding on the stop when someone was looking at my process. Be able to code easy questions under pressure.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

First round was on a a platform called Montage video, where there was nobody on the other side of the video and you just had to record yourself answering three basic questions. Second round was a video interview with one of the Sales Directors. He asked mostly behavioral questions and asked about a few stories on the market and recent news. Still pretty basic. Then I was called in for a SuperDay at the office, where I had 4 30 minute interviews one right after another. Again mostly behavioral and fit questions, but I ended up talking about news in the markets and specific stocks for a fair amount of the interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me where you see opportunities in the market
      What's the difference between a mutual fund and an ETF

Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and 6 in-person interviews over the course of 2 weeks. Each meeting went well, and I sent my 'thank you's' immediately afterward. I left feeling very positive and thought I had at least 1 foot in the door. After over 2 weeks passed I heard nada although I emailed and called HR asking for a status update. Very disappointing... I spent several hours interviewing and, withstanding producing a DNA sample, poured myself into the interview process only to be left hanging. This unprofessional and basically rude behavior has tarnished my image of this big-name company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult personalities/situations? How do you see yourself fitting in with the team? The interviewers were concerned about my ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced business environment.   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I applied through Linkedin Premium and received a call within 1 week. I was scheduled to meet with the team in Princeton, NJ shortly there after. Interview was heavy on fixed income outlook so I would make sure you brush up on it prior to your interview. The interview was a complete mess because all three managers I was set to meet with called in sick that day. I was interviewed by people in different departments or people without any HR experience. They routinely asked which position I was interviewing for and mentioned that they didn't cover that particular area or weren't aware of any openings. I left rather furious.

Interview Questions

• Where do you interest rates going? Do you see spreads tightening? What opportunities are there available in the fixed income space right now?   1 Answer

Client Businesses - US Wealth Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied through my company's career website. Got contacted about 2 weeks later for Montage interview. This round was all behavioral questions and easy. About a week later, I got contacted for phone interview. This round was about half behavioral and half technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What investment advice would you give to average retail investor?   Answer Question

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

Interview

First the phone interview and then the in-person interview. Four interviewers from an analyst, associate, VP and to MD. There were a lot of technical questions. The analyst definitely asked more technical questions. MD just wanted to get to know you.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

First you will apply online, after about one week, if you meet the minimum requirements for the position, they will ask you to record montage view. They will ask you several questions and you can prepare for ten minutes and record your answer. If you pass that, you will got a webcam interview. After that is the final round, on-site interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked to record interview questions on a website. 6 questions pretty straight forward about why BlackRock, a time when you used innovation, etc. Then, next round was video conference call with two employees. This was more difficult. More finance based questions and explanation of the markets.