BlackRock Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2014.

I turned in my resume on BlackRock's website. I was contacted a month later for a short introductory phone interview. I was contacted a week after that by e-mail to come in for an interview. The interview was a total of two hours long. I met with two people first then I gave a short presentation on the market. Then I met with another two people.

Interview Questions
    • What are your opinions on the bond markets right now? More than just the typical text book answer.   Answer Question

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Intern Interview

Submitted application through campus career website and did on campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were fair. Asked about your interest, past experience, and hobbies.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BlackRock.

Took about a month for the whole process. Applied online, received phone interview (with HR)-tell my about your resume, background, etc. general questions. Then group interview with managers (3) about 30 mins. each.

Interview Questions
    • Why BlackRock?
      What is an put/call?
      Tell me about your resume (Walk them through it)
        Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but was unsuccessful, I just accepted their initial offer.

Analytics and Risk - Client and Portfolio Analytics Group - 2014 Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

It was a on campus interview. The hiring team came to our university and spent whole day to interview students. The manager didn't ask me a lot of behavior questions. She focused on my education background. Why do you choose this course? What did you learn from this course? How can this course help you in this position?

If you don't know how to answer the question, telling them you don't know is better than saying other things. This suggestion came from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • First question: do you know which position you applied for? in which department?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

A 30 min phone interview followed by a on-site interview. I failed at the first round. They only asked behavior questions in the phone interview. They go through two big projects on my resume. Then they asked me how to use HashMap in JAVA, which is to override the hashcode() and equals() method. Equals method is used to avoid the collision.

SharePoint Administration Interview

A great company that support equality

Interview Questions
    • Looking for people that willing to work with global team.   Answer Question

Cash Reconcilation Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock.

One interview with 5 people

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just going through resume and fit questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

was pretty easy. standardized

Interview Questions
    • can't think of any. lots of personality fit questions. interviewers didn't seem to be very well prepared   Answer Question

Client Businesses Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

I found a posting via my school's Campus Recruiting website (in December); the posting directed me to apply directly to BlackRock's online career page. The deadline to apply was a Sunday, and Monday morning I received an "application on hold" detail. Wednesday around noon I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was 30 minutes with a VP. The interview was fairly conversational. I had previous experience with a different firm and we spoke mostly of that and a few "common" interview questions such as "tell me about a time you worked in a group" and different variations of these types of questions. NO TECHNICALS. This phone interview was on a Tuesday, and Thursday afternoon I received an email inviting me to Super Day --in office-- the following Monday. The Super Day consisted of two 45 minute interviews with either Directors or VPs and one Group Interview (project) to end the day. The interviews were again conversational, and not technical. Mostly getting to know me, a few strengths weaknesses type of questions, and a few critical thinking questions which I assume was to test my competence. Received a phone call soon after extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. But the tell me three weaknesses and three strengths and how they would strengthen the blkrock team question was kind of surprising.   Answer Question