BlackRock

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in August 2013.

Interview Details – Shortly after I applied, I was contacted by a person in HR. I was then given a phone interview with 2 members of the team. After the phone interview, they invited me in for an in-person. I then met with 4 members of the team: 2 associates, a VP, and a director. The questions were your standard, "Tell us about a time you overcame a problem." "What do you feel most proud of accomplishing in your life and why?" Open-ended, tell us about yourself questions. No surprises and the team kept it pretty conversational.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Question – Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Client and Portfolio Analytics Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Through campus.

Interview Question – How does Blackrock make profit through managing funds when the economy is good?   Answer Question

Client Businesses Intern Interview

Princeton, NJ

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, then invited to attend SuperDay

Interview Question – Other than the U.S., where would you invest and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the intern by university website. On campus 30 minutes' interview. Most were behavioural questions about my resume. Asked me about different data strucures. Why finance? What's the most tricky bug you've encountered?

Interview Question – What's the most tricky bug you've encountered?   Answer Question

FMA Analyst Interview

Interview Details – Campus Recruiting

Interview Question – Mostly technical - financial statement analyses etc. Should know what the group does and what BLK does.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Summer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a summer position for the MAT team. 1st round on campus and Superday at the office. There were 4 rounds of back to back interview on the Superday.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were not too hard. I got some questions about fixed income such as duration.   Answer Question

BlackRock Retail Sales Desk Intern Interview

Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied to the internship through school career website. Got a phone interview in 2 weeks. It was all basic questions like introduce yourself, walk through your resume , some behavioral question like "tell me a time when someone in your team wouldn't cooperate and how you deal with that" and few technically questions. And 2 weeks later I got invited to a super day.

Interview Question – Define ETF for me.   Answer Question

Alladin Product Group Intern Interview

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – Applied online through university career site. First round on campus. Basic resume questions, java concepts and one question using HashMap. Second round in the office on site. 4 rounds of interviews , each testing different concepts but mostly java.

Interview Question – Questions on finance   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

Interview Details – Campus Recruiting, first round

Interview Question – It's hard to describe the question in short. But it's about anagrams and hash tables.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock