BlackRock

Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Solution Center Analyst - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

I had two rounds of interviews. The first round was in university career center. The interview was 1:1, and the manager was very nice. I think we had a pretty relaxed and nice conversation. Several weeks after the first round, I got an email to invite me to an on-site interview in New York. The solution team interviewed me one-by-one. Four officers interviewed me, and each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers are very friendly and nice. Their working environments look very comfortable and supporting.

FMA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Attended an information session at my University. After the information session, I applied through the job board of the career services office at my University. It was a one on one interview. Most of the questions were about my resume and past experiences. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not technical at all, which was surprising. My background was in originating debt and equity products for financial institutions, so I reviewed banking valuation and credit analysis. The job was to work with the team that provided advisory services to banks.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackRock.

2 HR interviews on the phone and connected with higher management for referral. Asked basic questions like why blackrock and why the position? Still waiting to hear back for next steps, so hopefully!

Still waiting to hear back so...

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in June 2014.

Contacted by BlackRock recruitor out of NY office. Interview was scheduled with two other paralegals about 2 weeks after initial contact. Scheduled for lunch-hour. Very disorganized and nerve-racking. Admitted at meeting this was first time reviewing resume.

Interview Questions
    • Silence. The interview felt as if they were going through the motions, that it was not real, and there was never any genuine intention of consideration. Very frustrating.   Answer Question

Cash Reconciliation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in June 2014.

I was a referred by a friend who worked there. The HR reached out to me and settled up an on-site interview at Wilmington Office in 3 days. I met with 3 professionals from the Team. Each of them briefly introduced me their services and asked some general behavior questions. Why this group? How do you deal with a time-limited project? If you were an animal, what would you be?

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any any experience in accelerating business process?   Answer Question

RQA Analyst Interview

I applied on line. The process took about two weeks. Then I got a call from HR. on site interview questions are very technical. with one brain teaser each round. There were three round on site interviews. I got rejected on the second round

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Intern Interview

Submitted application through campus career website and did on campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were fair. Asked about your interest, past experience, and hobbies.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Took about a month for the whole process. Applied online, received phone interview (with HR)-tell my about your resume, background, etc. general questions. Then group interview with managers (3) about 30 mins. each.

Interview Questions
    • Why BlackRock?
      What is an put/call?
      Tell me about your resume (Walk them through it)

Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but was unsuccessful, I just accepted their initial offer.

Analytics and Risk - Client and Portfolio Analytics Group - 2014 Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

It was a on campus interview. The hiring team came to our university and spent whole day to interview students. The manager didn't ask me a lot of behavior questions. She focused on my education background. Why do you choose this course? What did you learn from this course? How can this course help you in this position?

If you don't know how to answer the question, telling them you don't know is better than saying other things. This suggestion came from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • First question: do you know which position you applied for? in which department?   Answer Question

Risk& Quantitative Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at BlackRock in May 2014.

I applied through college or university. Mostly easy questions. Some are technical, some brain teasers. Then they asked questions about my resume. The interview was about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • I have to review my textbooks to answer some of the technical questions.   Answer Question