BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interviewed for the Portfolio Analytics Group. Great experience overall. Did first-round on campus, then went to their office for the Superday. Superday consisted of 4 or 5 (can't remember) 30 min interviews. Pretty sure I didn't get the position because I fumbled a rather basic economic question. But I really liked the company culture and all the people I met, so I applied again this year, for a different group. Make sure you know about BlackRock and what's been going on in the markets.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you raise/lower the interest rate?   1 Answer

Business Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email about being selected for the first round of interviews. The first round was answering three questions via video online (2 minutes each). Less than a week later, I got another email about being selected for another virtual interview. This seems like a very selective process thus far.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing now to learn more about the financial market and asset management in particular?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite class and why?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to be very creative to solve a problem. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I was invited to do the montage interview. Kind of weird, but they were good questions. It has been a week and not heard back from them, but my application account reads "interview scheduled". I am not sure what is going on, but I am hopeful

Interview Questions

• Favorite class you like and why   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request for a video interview screen. I was given ten minutes to prepare for each question and two minutes to respond. I only had one chance to record each answer. After I submitted the videos, I got an email for a followup interview a couple days later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

campus recruitment. Another interviewer went for lunch so I had an one-on-one interview at school with a VP, a very nice Indian lady. It was kind of casual and had not many technical questions, although I was asked about SQL because it's on my resume. We

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Through NYU On Campus recruitment. Lady was mean! She was not very helpful when it comes to asking questions. She expects an answer for her questions right away or she will be stressed.

Aladdin Client Services Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward. I applied through the website in early December. I didn't hear back from them until mid-January. The rest of the process was a lot faster. The first stage they put me through was doing an online recording through the Montage system. They ask you to record an intro (basically a video cover letter) and then give you three questions. They give you the questions then give you 10 minutes to think about an answer. 10 minutes was a lot. Then you have 2 minutes to answer those questions and you can't re-record those answers.

Second stage was an online, video interview with a current analyst. It was basically a resume review. He asked me to talk about myself and my experiences. These interviews are scheduled for about half hour, though my one ended up being 45 minutes.

The last stage was their super day. It consisted of 4 back-to-back half hour interviews with two analysts, a vp and a director. I basically went over my resume 4 times that day. They didn't ask technical questions but more so situational ones. They have me a scenario and asked how I'd handle it. Three of them also asked me to take a complex situation and describe it to them as if they were 8 year olds. (For me, I was asked to explain how a camera works because I have a photo background as well)

Within a few days, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most Unexpected Question: Tell me something about you that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through university recruiting. First round, "written interview" which was just all behavioral, "tell me about a time you were innovative". followed by on campus interview. Also mostly behavioral. Emailed a few days later to come in for a superday. Superday was 4 back to back 1 on 1 interviews with people on the team. Then a group case study interview right after

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of   Answer Question
    • Tell me something that's happening today that is affecting blackrock and how would you fix it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online in early October. Got called up for a screening interview in mid January. Was required to record and submit a video application on Montage View. A week later scheduled to give a live video interview for the internship position. Screening interview was basic fit questions nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you were creative in solving a problem.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Interview

I received a Email from BlackRock and was asked to take the online interview through Montage. I took the interview one day before deadline and haven't got any feedback so far.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all about behavior and were easy. e.g. Why BlackRock? Why this group? Describe a situation when you were innovative.   Answer Question