BlackRock

3.1

Nav Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in May 2014.

I applied on Linked In for an acct position and then a recruiter contacted me about the analyst position. It took about 2 weeks to schedule an interview. I met with 9-10 people on the Interview day and spent 2 hours there. They didn't follow up w/me.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, just tell me about yourself, why this position, know about the company, excel, what were your accomplishments at last job, what did you learn, what do you want to gain in your 1st 30 days. What are your strengths etc.   Answer Question

Contract Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in May 2014.

I had three rounds, including a 45-minute phone interview with the HR associate in the SF office (I'm in NYC). I then met with about 6 people in person over the course of three hours in the NYC office, which included the manager of the group and the other associates within the group. Everyone was very nice and generally quite open about the work, the expectations, and the firm culture. I then came back for another interview, which, when I got there, I was surprised to see was a video conference with people int he SF and NJ offices. Again the interviews went for about three hours, and again, everyone was very nice, the questions were fair and no one asked me anything that was off-base or unexpected.

SharePoint Administration Interview

A great company that support equality

Interview Questions
    • Looking for people that willing to work with global team.   Answer Question

Cash Reconcilation Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock.

One interview with 5 people

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just going through resume and fit questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

was pretty easy. standardized

Interview Questions
    • can't think of any. lots of personality fit questions. interviewers didn't seem to be very well prepared   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Had an initial pre screen skype interview with an alumni currently at the firm through campus and then was selected for a second and much shorter phone interview with another individual at the firm who was not an alumni. I was then flown out to New Jersey to a super day interview at the Princeton office where I went through panel style interviews with 4 managers at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about current market trends i.e Fed Tapering, Quantitative Easing, Growth in China & Japan, etc   Answer Question

Index Equity Portfolio Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Was interviewed by many people (I believe it was at least 10) so the company could ensure fit, qualifications,etc. Offer and terms were fair.

Interview Questions
    • Some very technical questions to measure understanding of investment terminology.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

A 30 min phone interview followed by a on-site interview. I failed at the first round. They only asked behavior questions in the phone interview. They go through two big projects on my resume. Then they asked me how to use HashMap in JAVA, which is to override the hashcode() and equals() method. Equals method is used to avoid the collision.

Client Business Hong Kong Summer Analyst Interview