BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Aladdin Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed a short "pre-interview" questionaire. After submitting this, I heard back in less than a day about an on campus interview. Couple days later, they invited me to go down for a SuperDay in NYC which consisted of 3 interviews. Overall it was a pretty straight forward interviewing process. Not having taken any business classes, I thought I would be at a disadvantage but I don't believe I was. In fact, a friend of mine got the position without any previous business knowledge. People were very friendly and the office was amazing.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about the market? Why do you want to work for BlackRock. Mostly behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Client Businesses Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Interview

Got selected to do an online interview where you have to record videos of yourself answering a few questions. Sort of an awkward way to do the first round of interviews because you aren't talking to anyone but it makes sense for HR.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to be innovative and what the outcomes were   Answer Question

Corporate- Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First got invited to a video interview over a software called Montage. Was asked only three very basic questions. A couple weeks later had a 30 min Skype interview. Was supposed to be with about four people but only one of them actually joined the call. Was a tough interview with a member of the corporate finance team there. Candidates that make it passed this round are invited to a superday.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. The interviewer asked me about my background and resume, then about why I was interested in investing. There was an initial screening that required you to record yourself answering a few questions, then a one on one videoconference interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about calculating the real estate value of your dorm building?   2 Answers

Summer Analyst (Portfolio Analytics Grou) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Montage interview recordings, followed by a 2nd round of video-conference with an Associate, followed by a final round in New York with 4x 30 minute interviews with VPs and MDs. They asked questions mostly about market knowledge, checking in on technical skills lightly, essentially making sure you knew what you were talking about and had the capability to learn more. No one knows how to work their platform unless they've worked at BR, so they had a refreshing, non-critical approach. The first few minutes were tense, but they relaxed after it started going well.

Interview Questions

• Teach me something from a course you enjoyed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The contract is the contract. No negotiation, compensation excellent.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Each interview had two interviewers. Emphasis on why BlackRock and knowing your resume. Difficulty of interviews will vary depending on the interviewers. HR was very organized and ran a smooth process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Submitted application through the university career center services and got an phone interview with the HR. Mostly behavioral questions like your teamwork experience, describe a time when you have to step out your comfort zone, etc. Will have a VC interview with VP next week

Interview Questions

• what other companies have you applied and have you received any offers   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter called me after I applied directly on their website. Once a fit once determined another person from HR helped set up the interview. Interview was in person with 2 persons separately.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very technical. In-depth questions regarding stock selection/research/etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process was well defined, interviewers were very friendly and exhibited a passion for the organization. Most interviewers had a long tenure with the company and had held various diverse roles over the years.

Negotiation

very fair offer - did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Interview

Mostly competency based. Be prepared for standard 'fit' questions as well, and be ready to walk them through your resume. The technicals were relatively straightforward. Consisted of two 30 minute interviews.