BlackRock

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2009.

Interview Details – 3 on site, 5 people each time

Interview Question – not many unexpected or difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR tried to low-ball me.

Financial Modeling Group Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview first then was invited to NYC for the superday. 6 back-to-back 30 minutes technical interviews on site. Interview questions consist of coding, Java&C++ concept, math and brain teaser. Math related programming questions are really tricky. All the interviewers seems to be very knowledgeable. Great experience.

Questions that I can remember are
How BST works and implement it.
Write a memory leak in C++. How to avoid memory leak? How smart pointer works?
DP stairs question. write a function to calculate e^x (x is double).
Write function to calculate sqrt of x
Implement first in first out Cache
convert big Endian to little Endian

Interview Question – Write a function to calculate e^x, need to convert e^x to 1 + x + x2/2! + x3/3! + x4/4! + x5/5! + x6/6! + x7/7! + x8/8! + x9/9! + x10/10! + x11/11!+ ...   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst (Implementations) Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – My interviewer asked me to tell him about a project I worked on as well as questions specific to experience listed on my resume.

Interview Question – Nothing so unexpected, no case questions.   Answer Question

PAG Full Time Analyst Interview

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – OCR, then got second round interview, lots of behavior questions with few technical on market

Interview Question – Pick me a bond to invest   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruitment, had initial interview with 2 people and was contacted by recruiter the next day to come in that week for a super day. Super day was 6 one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions.

Interview Question – If you had $1,000,000 how would you invest it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – first round interviews on campus. super-days are all day with back to back. lunch break with analysts. mostly were behavior interviews, knowledge of finance, why this firm, why this industry/asset management.

Negotiation Details – NA. general analyst class

PAG Summer Analyst Interview

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – first round on campus, superday in NY 4 interviews back to back. The interview is more about fit to BlK's culture. The people are humble and smart.

Interview Question – None. Mainly qualitative and market knowledge type of question   Answer Question

Investment Summer Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – First, there was an on-campus interview 2-1, they mostly asked about my experience and why I was interested in the firm and portfolio management. Then final round at the firm that consisted of three 2-1 interviews. Again, all fit and mostly about my experiences. People were awesome and loved interning there!

Interview Question – Honestly, most of the questions were behavioral or about your past experiences. The only near technical question was a market question about how the economy was doing and pitch a stock.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2013.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview, very straightforward about my resume. My second interview consisted in 7 1:1 interviews of 30 mins each with 7 different departments. It felt long because I did not have a break. They started by giving an overview of their department and then they asked me about my resume. They also asked me questions like what was the most difficult obstacle you overcome and where do you see yourself in 5 years. After that interview, I was asked to go back to interview with two of the departments. The format was basically the same except they asked me specific questions about Excel.

Interview Question – There is a swimming pool that doubles its capacity everyday. If you now that it would be would in day 60, in what day would it be half of its capacity?   View Answer

Entry Level Marketing Position Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was intense, included 1 phone interview 2 in person interviews and 1 super day with was about 10 back to back interviews (30 minutes each)

Interview Question – What does BlackRocks brand mean to you? What is Marketing, what does that mean?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock