BlackRock Kelso Capital

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock Kelso Capital

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock Kelso Capital.

Terrible interview.!!!!! I agree with whoever posted the other review. The receptionist was the most pleasant part of the interview. I also interviewed with the Director of VP administration ( office Manager ) She was NOT Friendly! Asked me basic interview questions you would ask if you had no experience or this was your first job,.. strengths, weakness, biggest challenge, biggest accomplishment, what type of animal would you want to be if you could be...come on really? ... She did not have a copy of my resume,. knew nothing bout my experience nor seemed to care. I started asking questions and she said " Can I finish before you start asking questions" RUDE!!!! Sorry no one would want to work with a person like that...good luck for whoever does... not me!

Would never want to work with such an unfriendly person!

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock Kelso Capital

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock Kelso Capital in December 2011.

Receptionist was quite professional and pleasant to deal with. That's as far as you'll get with the pleasant treatment.

Met with the "Director of Administration" which is basically an overly exaggerated title for just a plain old Office Manager.

No attempt to connect with the candidates. Straight to business, but lacking the professional part of business mode.
    The woman was not prepared at all. Did not have a copy of my resume, did not know what was on my resume nor bothered to go over the contents of my resume (you know, to determine whether or not one is competent enough to fulfill the position).

Asked typical HR questions that one gets from a quick google search, such as:
    -If you were an animal, what would you be?
    -What are your strengths?
    -What are your weaknesses?
    -Name a time you faced a challenge in a workplace.

When asked to elaborate on an inquiry she had made, it was as if you had insulted her mother. Very condescending.

Interview Questions

Why would one be interested to work at a company that chooses to have an unprofessional person such as the Office Manager represent them at an interview, where there is a blatant lack of common courtesy when it comes to your typical interviewing process etiquette.