BlackRock Kelso Capital

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock Kelso Capital.

Interview Details – Terrible interview.!!!!! I agree with whoever posted the other review. The receptionist was the most pleasant part of the interview. I also interviewed with the Director of VP administration ( office Manager ) She was NOT Friendly! Asked me basic interview questions you would ask if you had no experience or this was your first job,.. strengths, weakness, biggest challenge, biggest accomplishment, what type of animal would you want to be if you could be...come on really? ... She did not have a copy of my resume,. knew nothing bout my experience nor seemed to care. I started asking questions and she said " Can I finish before you start asking questions" RUDE!!!! Sorry no one would want to work with a person like that...good luck for whoever does... not me!

Reason for Declining – Would never want to work with such an unfriendly person!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock Kelso Capital in December 2011.

Interview Details – Receptionist was quite professional and pleasant to deal with. That's as far as you'll get with the pleasant treatment.

Met with the "Director of Administration" which is basically an overly exaggerated title for just a plain old Office Manager.

No attempt to connect with the candidates. Straight to business, but lacking the professional part of business mode.
The woman was not prepared at all. Did not have a copy of my resume, did not know what was on my resume nor bothered to go over the contents of my resume (you know, to determine whether or not one is competent enough to fulfill the position).

Asked typical HR questions that one gets from a quick google search, such as:
-If you were an animal, what would you be?
-What are your strengths?
-What are your weaknesses?
-Name a time you faced a challenge in a workplace.

When asked to elaborate on an inquiry she had made, it was as if you had insulted her mother. Very condescending.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Why would one be interested to work at a company that chooses to have an unprofessional person such as the Office Manager represent them at an interview, where there is a blatant lack of common courtesy when it comes to your typical interviewing process etiquette.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BlackRock Kelso Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock Kelso Capital interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock Kelso Capital employees and interview candidates.