BlackRock Interview Questions in London, England

3.4

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in November 2010.

Excellent and very, very thorough. Done face to face and via vc

Don't just accept first offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Highly selective. On the assessment day there were 10 candidates competing for one position. One interviewer was friendly, another very harsh and strict.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?
        View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Questions
    • Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   Answer Question

Strategic Investments Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2014.

Very good. Best approached through a network rather than a head hunter. Look to interview with the manager and then later with Human Resources. Fast and dynamic firm will hire people if they suit the culture and try and fit them in. Many questions asked. Best if you have an asset management background.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

1st round - phone call from HR
    2nd round - VC interview

Was quite rigorous but not many technical questions were asked. mainly background checks and knowing your personality.

Phone call was with the HR manager based in India. She asked basic questions and was rather straightforward.

Second round was a VC interview with a senior associate and a line manager. took about 1 hr for the interview.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackRock in April 2011.

interview based process with several interviews - perhaps three or 4, including two by telephone with partners and managers in the United States, with a formal offer made by letter after verbal offer by phone

Risk and Quantitative Position - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

First Round: 3 interviews, 40 min each.
    Second Round: 2 interviews, 1 group interview, 1problem solving. The problem solving was about capm and variance covariance formula

Interview Questions
    • The problem solving was the most difficult question.you have to solve the problems immediately giving motivation at any steps   View Answer

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Thorough fixed income questions

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 million in assets to manage (fixed income). Distribute them.. Why?   Answer Question
    • What you understand by diversification. Why does it lower risk?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in May 2010.

The process was pretty straight forward, the HR team was supportive throughout the whole process and ensured all things were done quickly. The interview process was very tough yet there was a lot of scope for debate.