BlackRock

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Director Interview

Director
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in November 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent and very, very thorough. Done face to face and via vc

Negotiation Details – Don't just accept first offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Highly selective. On the assessment day there were 10 candidates competing for one position. One interviewer was friendly, another very harsh and strict.

Interview Question – What is duration?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Question – What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?
  View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Question – Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   Answer Question

Strategic Investments Group Interview

Strategic Investments Group
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very good. Best approached through a network rather than a head hunter. Look to interview with the manager and then later with Human Resources. Fast and dynamic firm will hire people if they suit the culture and try and fit them in. Many questions asked. Best if you have an asset management background.

Interview Question – How would you get up to speed with your new job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round - phone call from HR
2nd round - VC interview

Was quite rigorous but not many technical questions were asked. mainly background checks and knowing your personality.

Phone call was with the HR manager based in India. She asked basic questions and was rather straightforward.

Second round was a VC interview with a senior associate and a line manager. took about 1 hr for the interview.

Interview Question – What do you want to have achieved after 20 years.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2011.

Interview Details – interview based process with several interviews - perhaps three or 4, including two by telephone with partners and managers in the United States, with a formal offer made by letter after verbal offer by phone

Interview Question – Why on earth would your want to move to BlackRock?   Answer Question

Risk and Quantitative Position - Graduate Program Interview

Risk and Quantitative Position - Graduate Program
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Interview Details – First Round: 3 interviews, 40 min each.
Second Round: 2 interviews, 1 group interview, 1problem solving. The problem solving was about capm and variance covariance formula

Interview Question – The problem solving was the most difficult question.you have to solve the problems immediately giving motivation at any steps   View Answer

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Fixed Income Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Interview Details – Thorough fixed income questions

Interview Questions

• You have 10 million in assets to manage (fixed income). Distribute them.. Why?   Answer Question
  • What you understand by diversification. Why does it lower risk?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Portfolio Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straight forward, the HR team was supportive throughout the whole process and ensured all things were done quickly. The interview process was very tough yet there was a lot of scope for debate.

Interview Question – Do you talk much?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!