BlackRock

3.4

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Very great people who interviewed me for the role. All of them have been gone and the interviewer this time is really tough. Also lots of agencies are complaining about it. And very robust.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

Initial round of interviews were not really interviews at all, more just sanity checks to make sure you weren't insane. After that, 4 or 5 interviews on competency (what projects I've worked on, when have I been challenged - the classics) and a little bit on technical ability. Very simple really. Had to also take a Java test, but that was pretty useless as it was for incredibly specific knowledge - I have a feeling it was an excerpt from the SCJP Java 5 exam.

The final analysts coming out of the process had a very wide range of abilities, so all can apply really!

Interview Questions
    • How would you decide whether a given number is prime or not.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase as it was an entry level position.

Spring Week Analyst PAG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

Sent a copy of CV with a cover letter. Invited to a telephone interview. No hard questions, was asked to talk through CV so would be useful to have that in front of you. Interviewer had a relaxed style and didn't do any brain teasers or mathematical questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2010.

Organised and structured. Provided a very clear idea of BlackRock and the goals of the team I was joining.

Yes. I spoke to HR

Aladdin & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in December 2013.

1. Tell me about the Company and the role
    2. Team-work- difficulties and result (use CAR technique)
    3. Are you willing to relocate?
    4. Difficult situation in life and how I dealt with that
    Other competency based questions mainly about team work and leadership skills

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2013.

I was put forward by recruiter for an IT Project Manager role at Blackrock's London office. The first interview with the hiring manager went well, and she said I was exactly the type of person they were looking for.

I was then called for a second interview with the manager of the hiring manager. This person re-scheduled the interview twice at short notice, on one occasion I was almost outside the Blackrock office!

When the second interview finally took place, the interviewer said she didn't know anything about the role and just wanted to have a chat with me about career aspirations and other general questions.

It was difficult to guage how the interview went, but a day later the recruiter phoned to let me know that they weren't going to hire me as I didn't have "publishing" experience. The word "publishing" didn't appear once on the job description and isn't included on my CV either, and the recruiter said they didn't hire anyone for the role.

It was very disappointing that Blackrock wasted so much of my time and then rejected me for not posessing a skill which they never asked for, and I never claimed to have. The recruiter was unable to explain why this happened, but since then, other recruiters have said that Blackrock London is very difficult to place candiates as they are quite fussy and often reject candidates without explanation.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your mother to describe you, what would she say?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Applied through the graduate website, done numerical and then got an interview offer after a week. Went done to the office in London and they asked me the classics: why blackrock, why asset management, tell me about a time when you showed leadership skills, how is your team working skills...

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2011.

Process was efficient. I conducted the first two interviews over the phone. The next round consisted of an assessment centre. A lunch was hosted by junior members of staff. Following lunch there were two interviews with Directors, a problem solving exercise regarding numbers and simple quant analysis. Group discussion & pres.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you disagreed with the way a more senior member of staff was conducting business, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the greatest accomplishment in your last role   Answer Question
    A standard package - didn't appear like negotiation was possible

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in August 2011.

The interview was a full day of meetings with various department heads and directors. They asked questions around the CV, my specialist knowledge and past experiences. It was a mix of broad general industry questions as well as questions about the organisation itself.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a mistake made and how did i overcome it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

I was asked a lot of fitting questions, no right or wrongs, i think they were just trying to figure out whether I can work hard and fit well into the company cuclture.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example when you had confliction in interest in a team work   Answer Question