BlackRock

3.4

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Spring Week Analyst PAG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

Sent a copy of CV with a cover letter. Invited to a telephone interview. No hard questions, was asked to talk through CV so would be useful to have that in front of you. Interviewer had a relaxed style and didn't do any brain teasers or mathematical questions.

Risk and Quantitative Position - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

First Round: 3 interviews, 40 min each.
    Second Round: 2 interviews, 1 group interview, 1problem solving. The problem solving was about capm and variance covariance formula

Interview Questions
    • The problem solving was the most difficult question.you have to solve the problems immediately giving motivation at any steps   View Answer

Aladdin & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in November 2012.

I sent a CV through by email to their recruiting HR address. I was then invited for a first session of 2x30 minute interviews. The first one was a technical interview which focused mostly on my CV and asking about the kind of software projects i have been involved with in the past. Following this discussion i was asked how i would apply my background to solve some problems within the business. The second interview was a combination of HR and ability. I was asked a couple of basic Financial Questions. We then talked about the teamwork and other basic HR things.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable and willing are you to work within the Aladdin platform given the fact that it is build using tested and quite old systems that deliver well?   View Answers (3)

Graduate Fixed Income Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in November 2012.

Online Tests, 2 face to face interviews, AC
    Competency questions and questions about general understanding of Fixed Income and Macroeconomics

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

Initial round of interviews were not really interviews at all, more just sanity checks to make sure you weren't insane. After that, 4 or 5 interviews on competency (what projects I've worked on, when have I been challenged - the classics) and a little bit on technical ability. Very simple really. Had to also take a Java test, but that was pretty useless as it was for incredibly specific knowledge - I have a feeling it was an excerpt from the SCJP Java 5 exam.

The final analysts coming out of the process had a very wide range of abilities, so all can apply really!

Interview Questions
    • How would you decide whether a given number is prime or not.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase as it was an entry level position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Highly selective. On the assessment day there were 10 candidates competing for one position. One interviewer was friendly, another very harsh and strict.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2011.

Process was efficient. I conducted the first two interviews over the phone. The next round consisted of an assessment centre. A lunch was hosted by junior members of staff. Following lunch there were two interviews with Directors, a problem solving exercise regarding numbers and simple quant analysis. Group discussion & pres.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you disagreed with the way a more senior member of staff was conducting business, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the greatest accomplishment in your last role   Answer Question
    A standard package - didn't appear like negotiation was possible

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in August 2011.

The interview was a full day of meetings with various department heads and directors. They asked questions around the CV, my specialist knowledge and past experiences. It was a mix of broad general industry questions as well as questions about the organisation itself.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a mistake made and how did i overcome it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackRock in April 2011.

interview based process with several interviews - perhaps three or 4, including two by telephone with partners and managers in the United States, with a formal offer made by letter after verbal offer by phone

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2010.

Organised and structured. Provided a very clear idea of BlackRock and the goals of the team I was joining.

Yes. I spoke to HR