BlackRock Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

1st round - phone call from HR 2nd round - VC interview Was quite rigorous but not many technical questions were asked. mainly background checks and knowing your personality. Phone call was with the HR manager based in India. She asked basic questions and was rather straightforward. Second round was a VC interview with a senior associate and a line manager. took about 1 hr for the interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through the graduate website, done numerical and then got an interview offer after a week. Went done to the office in London and they asked me the classics: why blackrock, why asset management, tell me about a time when you showed leadership skills, how is your team working skills...

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Questions

• Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   1 Answer

Aladdin & Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

1. Tell me about the Company and the role 2. Team-work- difficulties and result (use CAR technique) 3. Are you willing to relocate? 4. Difficult situation in life and how I dealt with that Other competency based questions mainly about team work and leadership skills

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was put forward by recruiter for an IT Project Manager role at Blackrock's London office. The first interview with the hiring manager went well, and she said I was exactly the type of person they were looking for. I was then called for a second interview with the manager of the hiring manager. This person re-scheduled the interview twice at short notice, on one occasion I was almost outside the Blackrock office! When the second interview finally took place, the interviewer said she didn't know anything about the role and just wanted to have a chat with me about career aspirations and other general questions. It was difficult to guage how the interview went, but a day later the recruiter phoned to let me know that they weren't going to hire me as I didn't have "publishing" experience. The word "publishing" didn't appear once on the job description and isn't included on my CV either, and the recruiter said they didn't hire anyone for the role. It was very disappointing that Blackrock wasted so much of my time and then rejected me for not posessing a skill which they never asked for, and I never claimed to have. The recruiter was unable to explain why this happened, but since then, other recruiters have said that Blackrock London is very difficult to place candiates as they are quite fussy and often reject candidates without explanation.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your mother to describe you, what would she say?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

9 rounds of interview over a period of 90 days. That's a lot of travel expenses which don't get reimbursed if you don't get the job! Very risk averse and over-cautious culture. I felt over-interviewed. It was the same interview 9 times with different people!

Spring Week Analyst PAG Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Sent a copy of CV with a cover letter. Invited to a telephone interview. No hard questions, was asked to talk through CV so would be useful to have that in front of you. Interviewer had a relaxed style and didn't do any brain teasers or mathematical questions.

Risk and Quantitative Position - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

First Round: 3 interviews, 40 min each. Second Round: 2 interviews, 1 group interview, 1problem solving. The problem solving was about capm and variance covariance formula

Interview Questions

• The problem solving was the most difficult question.you have to solve the problems immediately giving motivation at any steps   1 Answer

Aladdin & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

I sent a CV through by email to their recruiting HR address. I was then invited for a first session of 2x30 minute interviews. The first one was a technical interview which focused mostly on my CV and asking about the kind of software projects i have been involved with in the past. Following this discussion i was asked how i would apply my background to solve some problems within the business. The second interview was a combination of HR and ability. I was asked a couple of basic Financial Questions. We then talked about the teamwork and other basic HR things.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable and willing are you to work within the Aladdin platform given the fact that it is build using tested and quite old systems that deliver well?   3 Answers

Graduate Fixed Income Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Online Tests, 2 face to face interviews, AC Competency questions and questions about general understanding of Fixed Income and Macroeconomics