BlackRock Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.1

V P - Information Technology Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty typical process, HR contact you followed by a phone interview. At that point if there is interest you participate in a series of in person interviews which takes place at their New York office.

Interview Questions

• Tell, me story; in what sourcing environment do I prefer to operate in (structured, process driven, creative); Explain my negotiating styles (analytical, detail driven, high level, etc.)   1 Answer

Information Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview actually went very well from the perspective of answering the questions. I don't know if the company was at all interested in hiring anyone for the position. These people have a very discriminatory hiring process for sure. If you're not white, you should probably not even show up. Just glance over the nearly 100 cubicles, you won't see a single non-white person on the entire floor.

Interview Questions

• What are some basic HTTP request   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

This was a long drawn out process and frankly a waste of time. I was called to a casual meeting which led to multiple onsite interviews and then nothing. They kept saying that they wanted change yet no one I met was ready to change.
    Advice: One day you will realize that you are treating applicants poorly and that your practices are turning people off. In a service industry, I imagine that you would want to have your applicants to be treated the same as clients. In my case, I was both and now I am neither!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

Given a online technical screening then came in for super day. Online screening was relatively simple, was given two questions on the level of "given a string check if its a palindrome". Super day interview consisted of anywhere from three to five interviewers in an intense technical interview for several hours.

Interview Questions

• How does a HashMap find an entry? What is the runtime of that search?   Answer Question

Vice President Blackrock Solutions, Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I've interviewed with this company 3 separate times for 3 different roles over 8 years. Portfolio Manager, VP. All 3 times I did not receive an offer. I have my CFA, MBA from a top 5 school, worked at 2 of the top 5 buyside firms. I never once received feedback on why I didn't receive an offer. Followed up with HR and the Hiring manager each time and no one got back to me. I assume someone didn't like me during the process and it has now ruined my chances forever. I think i will steer clear of BLK from now on. Plenty of other great asset management companies. Don't beat yourself up if you don't get asked to join this one.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had an email with a recruiter to set up a phone call with a senior engineer. After that initial phone screen I heard nothing back from the company. I did some follow up with research about one of the topics discussed in the interview which the recruiter was impressed with but still heard nothing after that.

Application

Interview

I submitted my application online, and I was invited for the first round telephone interview after about a week. The phone interview was entirely behavioral and I think it went alright. I am waiting for the results for that, which should take about a week. The next round should involve an in-person technical interview. Since I am still waiting for the results, I have indicated that I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major(s), and what do you plan to do after graduation?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

One of my friend in BlackRock referred me. It took nearly a month to get the feedback and we arranged a phone interview. The questions are simple. 1, level over traversal 2, merge intervals Both are the same problems on LeetCode. Then I got the invitation for on-site just that afternoon. There were 3 interviewees for this position on my day of onsite interview. Each of us get three 1on1 interview, with 45mins each. They ask a lot about JAVA. Really, be sure to prepare as specific as possible about java.

Interview Questions

• Assume I am a student, find an approach to teach me the knowledge of HashTable.   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career center and heard back a few months later that they were beginning the hiring process for this position. I completed a one way video screening where 2 basic questions were asked.

After I passed the screening, I received an email saying I was chosen for a video chat interview with a recruiter. This was a very standard interview consisting mostly of behavioral questions trying to gauge your interest in the program and where you would fit in.

Two days later I was told I was selected for a final round interview in New York. They flew me out to New York the following week for a 3 hour interview session that included a lunch, and 3 half hour interviews. Some of the interviews were 2:1 and some were 1:1. It was difficult to gauge what they were looking for here as I thought I answered everything well and that I was getting good vibes from the interviewers, but it was hard to tell. They told me they would get back to me in a week or so. Less than a week later I was told I did not receive an offer.

Overall a positive experience, however the program was really small so the likelihood of being selected was even smaller. It was also very difficult to gauge how well you did which made me uncomfortable, and that was consensus among all of the candidates when we spoke after.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you had to build a relationship with someone professionally.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Somebody contact me first with email and set phone interview time. If you do well you'll be invited to their onsite day.Seems like a fix day for everyone.
    The phone interview took about 40 min. You need to write down some code in a online doc that both side can see it.

Interview Questions

• why blackrock, why SDE, how to reverse string,simple OOP questions   Answer Question