BlackRock

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Question – All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Analytics and Risk - Client and Portfolio Analytics Group - 2014 Intern Interview

Analytics and Risk - Client and Portfolio Analytics Group - 2014 Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – It was a on campus interview. The hiring team came to our university and spent whole day to interview students. The manager didn't ask me a lot of behavior questions. She focused on my education background. Why do you choose this course? What did you learn from this course? How can this course help you in this position?

If you don't know how to answer the question, telling them you don't know is better than saying other things. This suggestion came from the recruiter.

Interview Question – First question: do you know which position you applied for? in which department?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contracts Associate Interview

Contracts Associate
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was easier than I thought it would be at Black Rock. The people were super friendly and it seemed like a calm environment. I interviewed for a new position in a newly formed group so all of the employees were fairly new to the firm. Everyone was great until I interviewed with the manager. She was firm and not very friendly. I quickly learned that this was NOT a working mother friendly environment.

Interview Question – I was asked about flexibility as a working mother.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very straightforward; a lot of FIT questions in order to judge personality and how one will fit into the group
Additionally, some behavioral questions to judge decision-making processes and how a candidate thinks

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you worked with large data - what was the issue and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation commensurate with skills/experience

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Interview Details – Position posted on school's career development website
Submitted resume/cv and was called for on-campus interview
Talked briefly about resume and went into tech-interviews.
Went through basic data structure's run-time complexity
Went through binary search, and one coding problem

Interview Question – Given list of words, some of which are anagrams (words that has the same letters, but different ordering, eg. CAT and ACT), how do we pair the anagrams and identify words that do not have anagram pair in one pass (going through the list once)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2014.

Interview Details – I find a alumni to refer, they don't post intern job for graduate this year in my college's career fair. Monday is phone interview, basic question about Java data structure, ask about singleton and what kind of situation will there be more than one instance(multithread). Then Friday's super day. So tired in the final interview the interviewer seems very tired and speak in low volume.

Interview Question – Ask a lot about data structure and algorithm, questions are classical, 2sum, find head of cycling linked list, given access to middle node of a linked list and asked to be delete it. And OOD design a elevator system, and some SQL query, basically same as before, but I suggest you guys prepare for a SQL query that return the top node in a hierarchy structure, for example return the manager of the manager of the manager....until the boss, I am still not sure about that. And multithread concept and ATM question, producer/consumer question.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with talent acquisition associate.

Interview Question – Sell me a pencil.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Campus Recruiting, first round

Interview Question – It's hard to describe the question in short. But it's about anagrams and hash tables.   View Answer

Portfolio Analytics Analyst Interview

Portfolio Analytics Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed for the summer analyst position, 1st round. Only one interviewer, who was mostly very professional. Asked mostly fit questions rather than technicals. Typical tell me about yourself, why blackrock, why portfolio analytics. Also asked about my opinion on the markets. The interviewer seemed to be looking for a certain kind of personality.

Interview Question – What makes you fit for this role?   Answer Question

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!