BlackRock

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in August 2013.

Interview Details – Shortly after I applied, I was contacted by a person in HR. I was then given a phone interview with 2 members of the team. After the phone interview, they invited me in for an in-person. I then met with 4 members of the team: 2 associates, a VP, and a director. The questions were your standard, "Tell us about a time you overcame a problem." "What do you feel most proud of accomplishing in your life and why?" Open-ended, tell us about yourself questions. No surprises and the team kept it pretty conversational.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2013.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview, very straightforward about my resume. My second interview consisted in 7 1:1 interviews of 30 mins each with 7 different departments. It felt long because I did not have a break. They started by giving an overview of their department and then they asked me about my resume. They also asked me questions like what was the most difficult obstacle you overcome and where do you see yourself in 5 years. After that interview, I was asked to go back to interview with two of the departments. The format was basically the same except they asked me specific questions about Excel.

Interview Question – There is a swimming pool that doubles its capacity everyday. If you now that it would be would in day 60, in what day would it be half of its capacity?   View Answer

Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Interview Details – pretty straight forward interview process, applied to a different position and was shifted into this one. I met with members of the team, one being an analyst, one a manager, and two directors (one from my team and another from a partnering team). I was questioned on my resume and experience with a few brain teasers mixed in. The interview went well and I was told I have moved on to the next step. This is the kind of strange part..my final interview was with the Managing Director of that section of business and instead of in person it was over the phone. It seemed more of a casual conversation aka they wanted to make sure they at least got to speak with me and was part of the process of hire.

Interview Question – standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!