BlackRock PAG Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

All the questions were behavioral and not quantitative. The second round was meeting 5 people at their office, some about the market and some about experience.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

PAG Analyst Interview

First round not very technical, but the final round was pretty intense.

PAG Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

I was only invited to the first round on-campus interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. But he did ask me to solve an operation research problem. And he also ask me to talk about something I read in the news.

PAG Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

First round was an on campus interview- mostly behavioral and asked about resume
    Next was an interview with 5 different people at their Manhattan headquarters- some basic finance questions, behavioral, explain duration, strengths and weaknesses, walk me through your resume, tell me about a time that you had to work in a team, why do you want to work at Blackrock?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

pitched in resume both online and on the school website. personally handed in during on-campus information session. Was selected for first round interview on campus. Most behavioral questions and one technical question about the current policy and its influence on the money market: what's the interest rate of short term bonds right now and how it would influence the market share of some investment companies, like BR, so on so on ........

Interview Questions
    • technical question about the current policy and its influence on the money market: what's the interest rate of short term bonds right now and how it would influence the market share of some investment companies, like BR, so on so on ........   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

I applied online and no later than two weeks later I was contacted for an initial phone interview. The phone interview was conducted with a HR person, and the questions asked were very basic.

Next, I was invited for an interview at their location in Wilmington, DE. I had five, one-on-one interviews: a HR person, two analysts, manager and director. The interview with the HR person was a review of what you spoke about during your phone interview. The interviews with each of the analysts were very basic. They reviewed their role, essentially what you would be doing, and no hard questions were asked. After, you’ll interview with a manager. This person is the one you will be directly working for, and therefore, they will drill you on your resume. Lastly, the interview with the director is fairly basic. They just want to meet you and get to know you.

Overall, I had a negative experience and opinion of the position, the group and the location. The position is very basic. They mentioned and make note that this position is back office and will not lead to in the future middle or front office roles. Additionally, they mentioned the role starts at 6 am and ends late. Therefore, you will not have time to do the CFA program and/or schooling while working for them. Additionally, I had a negative experience with the manager. He was very unprofessional in the interview. He skipped an introduction and immediately began asking questions. His questions were initially negatively phrased, and he made a very unprofessional comment directed toward me. Lastly, I should mention the location is very remote and is located in outskirts of Wilmington.

A few weeks later I received an email stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • You studied finance, so you are probably not good with technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

1st round on campus - 30 minutes, mostly behavioral, 1 technical

2nd round on campus - 4 30 minute interviews, mostly concentrating on fit. A few questions on Bonds. Make sure you know why you want to work for PAG.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

I had an initial on campus interview 4 days before the SuperDay. First interview was simple- a few questions about following the market and what I've been reading- nothing too technical.

Superday was more technical and I got asked about duration/convexity, random commodities prices and the price of BLK's stock. Make sure you know exactly what PAG and BRS does and how they interact with the PMG. Lots of indians and asians.

Have not heard about an offer yet but should be within the week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2012.

On campus information session, which led to interview. Friendly and helpful recruiters. 1 one-one first round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in June 2011.

Interviewers very professional, lots of technical questions, be on time, great communication - they will give you the answer within 1 day if you were selected to another round

Interview Questions

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!