BlackRock

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – All the questions were behavioral and not quantitative. The second round was meeting 5 people at their office, some about the market and some about experience.

Interview Question – Something about VaR model   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – First round not very technical, but the final round was pretty intense.

Interview Question – what is the duration of a bond   View Answer

PAG Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – I was only invited to the first round on-campus interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. But he did ask me to solve an operation research problem. And he also ask me to talk about something I read in the news.

Interview Question – Solve a math problem.   Answer Question

PAG Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

Interview Details – First round was an on campus interview- mostly behavioral and asked about resume
Next was an interview with 5 different people at their Manhattan headquarters- some basic finance questions, behavioral, explain duration, strengths and weaknesses, walk me through your resume, tell me about a time that you had to work in a team, why do you want to work at Blackrock?

Interview Question – Can you explain duration   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Interview Details – pitched in resume both online and on the school website. personally handed in during on-campus information session. Was selected for first round interview on campus. Most behavioral questions and one technical question about the current policy and its influence on the money market: what's the interest rate of short term bonds right now and how it would influence the market share of some investment companies, like BR, so on so on ........

Interview Question – technical question about the current policy and its influence on the money market: what's the interest rate of short term bonds right now and how it would influence the market share of some investment companies, like BR, so on so on ........   View Answer

Wilmington, DE

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and no later than two weeks later I was contacted for an initial phone interview. The phone interview was conducted with a HR person, and the questions asked were very basic.

Next, I was invited for an interview at their location in Wilmington, DE. I had five, one-on-one interviews: a HR person, two analysts, manager and director. The interview with the HR person was a review of what you spoke about during your phone interview. The interviews with each of the analysts were very basic. They reviewed their role, essentially what you would be doing, and no hard questions were asked. After, you’ll interview with a manager. This person is the one you will be directly working for, and therefore, they will drill you on your resume. Lastly, the interview with the director is fairly basic. They just want to meet you and get to know you.

Overall, I had a negative experience and opinion of the position, the group and the location. The position is very basic. They mentioned and make note that this position is back office and will not lead to in the future middle or front office roles. Additionally, they mentioned the role starts at 6 am and ends late. Therefore, you will not have time to do the CFA program and/or schooling while working for them. Additionally, I had a negative experience with the manager. He was very unprofessional in the interview. He skipped an introduction and immediately began asking questions. His questions were initially negatively phrased, and he made a very unprofessional comment directed toward me. Lastly, I should mention the location is very remote and is located in outskirts of Wilmington.

A few weeks later I received an email stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Question – You studied finance, so you are probably not good with technology?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round on campus - 30 minutes, mostly behavioral, 1 technical

2nd round on campus - 4 30 minute interviews, mostly concentrating on fit. A few questions on Bonds. Make sure you know why you want to work for PAG.

Interview Question – Why blackrock PAG?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial on campus interview 4 days before the SuperDay. First interview was simple- a few questions about following the market and what I've been reading- nothing too technical.

Superday was more technical and I got asked about duration/convexity, random commodities prices and the price of BLK's stock. Make sure you know exactly what PAG and BRS does and how they interact with the PMG. Lots of indians and asians.

Have not heard about an offer yet but should be within the week.

Interview Question – Explain and draw a graph of duration/convexity.   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2012.

Interview Details – On campus information session, which led to interview. Friendly and helpful recruiters. 1 one-one first round interview.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewers very professional, lots of technical questions, be on time, great communication - they will give you the answer within 1 day if you were selected to another round

Interview Questions

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!