BlackRock PAG Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

18 interviews

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PAG Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

I was only invited to the first round on-campus interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. But he did ask me to solve an operation research problem. And he also ask me to talk about something I read in the news.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

PAG Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

First round was an on campus interview- mostly behavioral and asked about resume
    Next was an interview with 5 different people at their Manhattan headquarters- some basic finance questions, behavioral, explain duration, strengths and weaknesses, walk me through your resume, tell me about a time that you had to work in a team, why do you want to work at Blackrock?

PAG Analyst Interview

I go to a target recruitment school. Had a first round interview with a managing director at the group. He was very friendly and seemed interested in learning more about my background.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something interesting you read about in the markets recently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2010.

On Campus interview - behavioral
    Superday in NYC - 4 interviews back to back - Not hard, all behavioral, didn't get the offer, I asked for feedback, the guy they took had coding skills which I didn't have.
    It's definitely a technical position (middle/back office equivalent)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

I had an initial on campus interview 4 days before the SuperDay. First interview was simple- a few questions about following the market and what I've been reading- nothing too technical.

Superday was more technical and I got asked about duration/convexity, random commodities prices and the price of BLK's stock. Make sure you know exactly what PAG and BRS does and how they interact with the PMG. Lots of indians and asians.

Have not heard about an offer yet but should be within the week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2010.

Got a call for Phone interview. The person was awkard would abruplty laugh AND then be quiet for extended period of time. I got through somewhow and was called for an on site interview. Needed H1 b sponsorship and after fllowing up for 3 weeks with the HR who dint answer any emails or call, that they went with someone internally. It was an entry level position! They were al IVy leagues themselves!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

1st round on campus - 30 minutes, mostly behavioral, 1 technical

2nd round on campus - 4 30 minute interviews, mostly concentrating on fit. A few questions on Bonds. Make sure you know why you want to work for PAG.

Anonymous Employee  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2012.

On campus information session, which led to interview. Friendly and helpful recruiters. 1 one-one first round interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

pitched in resume both online and on the school website. personally handed in during on-campus information session. Was selected for first round interview on campus. Most behavioral questions and one technical question about the current policy and its influence on the money market: what's the interest rate of short term bonds right now and how it would influence the market share of some investment companies, like BR, so on so on ........

Interview Questions
    • technical question about the current policy and its influence on the money market: what's the interest rate of short term bonds right now and how it would influence the market share of some investment companies, like BR, so on so on ........   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I interviewed online - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

I applied online and no later than two weeks later I was contacted for an initial phone interview. The phone interview was conducted with a HR person, and the questions asked were very basic.

Next, I was invited for an interview at their location in Wilmington, DE. I had five, one-on-one interviews: a HR person, two analysts, manager and director. The interview with the HR person was a review of what you spoke about during your phone interview. The interviews with each of the analysts were very basic. They reviewed their role, essentially what you would be doing, and no hard questions were asked. After, you’ll interview with a manager. This person is the one you will be directly working for, and therefore, they will drill you on your resume. Lastly, the interview with the director is fairly basic. They just want to meet you and get to know you.

Overall, I had a negative experience and opinion of the position, the group and the location. The position is very basic. They mentioned and make note that this position is back office and will not lead to in the future middle or front office roles. Additionally, they mentioned the role starts at 6 am and ends late. Therefore, you will not have time to do the CFA program and/or schooling while working for them. Additionally, I had a negative experience with the manager. He was very unprofessional in the interview. He skipped an introduction and immediately began asking questions. His questions were initially negatively phrased, and he made a very unprofessional comment directed toward me. Lastly, I should mention the location is very remote and is located in outskirts of Wilmington.

A few weeks later I received an email stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • You studied finance, so you are probably not good with technology?   Answer Question

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!