BlackRock Portfolio Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I received an interview through campus recruiting. I did the first round of interviews at school, and then was brought into the offices in New York for the second round. Each of the interviews was 1 on 1, and the super day had 4 separate interviews. The process wasn't super transparent, specifically about which group you were interviewing for, as I met people from both portfolio management, product strategy and research, all of which perform remarkably different functions.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be playing for the New York Yankees on the bench or a star on the Tampa Bay Rays?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

They asked basic qestions about why intereted in finance and PM. I focused heavy on how it is a mix between finance and using people skills and I thought the interview went well. However, I got denied.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer
    • What is the S & P at today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of the hiring manager describing the position and asking general questions. The questions were origanizational "fit" type questions. He asked question concerning my database and analytical competence. Afterward, various members of the Portfolio group asked more specific general finance questions concerning stocks, bonds, and options. These questions were followed by some simple finance questions that required some minor computations. Finally, I was asked questions to see how I would react to complaints for protfolio managers. The interview process lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to expain duration and its effect on bons and bond valuations.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to describe a derivative.   1 Answer

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Interview

Two round interviews. First round is two 30-min interviews. Second one is assessment center which is three 30-min interviews with senior people. I was only given these information before each interview.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. The first round was just a casual conversation with the interviewer trying to know the academic background and your interest in the company. The next round is at the company headquarters where the questions are more intense relating to the finance background.

Interview Questions

• If i gave you $10,000 to invest somewhere where would it be? Why?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward, the HR team was supportive throughout the whole process and ensured all things were done quickly. The interview process was very tough yet there was a lot of scope for debate.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2010.

Interview

Two day assessment. First day was math test and 2 rounds of interviews. Second day was a teamwork event to present investment products to three different "clients", followed by a problem-solving test which was quite hard! This was followed by another two rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain the cause of the financial crisis.   1 Answer