BlackRock

Updated May 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – I applied on line. The process took about two weeks. Then I got a call from HR. on site interview questions are very technical. with one brain teaser each round. There were three round on site interviews. I got rejected on the second round

Interview Question – a brain teaser about american option.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview on campus. Took around 30mins. Got asked questions on VBA, excel, monte carlo simulation and other quantitative financial models.

Interview Question – How to write a pricing model in VBA   Answer Question

RQA Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Several days after I submit my resume, they contacted me to a on-campus interview. The interview was nothing weird and the questions should be pretty straight forward if you are major in finance or economics. Later, I was invited to the superday but then they told me that they were not going to hire sophomore. Anyway, the people interviewing me were pretty nice and there were not many brain teasers.

Interview Question – Describe put-call parity   Answer Question

RQA Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – First round on campus interview with an associate and a VP. They started with resume based questions, like what's your favorite class. Later they threw me questions in probability and linear algebra after they found out I am a math major. A week later they flew me to the San Francisco office for a superday. That was 4 back to back interviews with two directors and two managing directors. Mostly technical questions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

RQA, Analyst Interview

RQA, Analyst

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – campus interview, asked about resume, then went completely technical. Asked about GARCH, ARCH, time series analysis problems (what problems do you need to pay attention to), Greeks (the change of delta/gamma with regard to strike), volatility smile, conditional expectation, etc.

Interview Question – How would you process the data before you perform the analysis.   Answer Question

RQA Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – It's a on campus recruitment.

Interview Question – Ask about programming skill and pricing.   Answer Question

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!