BlackRock Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Jul 7, 2015

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

30 minute long phone interview talking with the trading manager of the branch located in downtown Seattle at the two union square building. Interview was a simple set of personality and interest questions, culminating in the interviewer answering questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in investments   1 Answer

APG Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got an employee referral, so the process is kind of quick for my situation. The first round is a phone interview. Vary simple questions. Tell my one of your projects which is most interesting. Why BlackRock? One example of teamwork. Two days after the phone interview, I am invited to the Friday SuperDay interview at Seattle. The interviews lasted for 3 hours with five 1:1 interviewer. Majority of the questions are very easy and interviewers are vary nice as well. I don't think there is any technical questions at all. You want to make sure that you prepared every single projects on your resume. The group I am interviewing for is APG, the IT group. My coding background is not very strong while all other candidates are from CS. They have two opening intern positions at APG, software developers and data scientists. They are looking for people with both analytical skills and computer skills such as SQL, Python or Java.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. First a phone interview and then super day. Super day is in seattle and I flew to seattle for 5 interviews. Two of the rounds were technical and the rest are partially technical

Interview Questions

• Difference between C++ and Java. Garbage collector Merge sort String reversal(inplace)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the recruiter about a week later. The internship position was to be part time in the local office and we scheduled a phone interview in the next couple days. Phone interview was pretty easy and the interviewer was very nice. Just talked about qualifications and what the job would entail. I followed up with the phone interview a week later and she told me that I didn't get the position. Though the later steps of the interview process I remember would be two more interviews with one with an actual graduate of my university and another with a manager. Pay was going to be a little low though.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BlackRock and asset managed securities.   Answer Question

RQA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiter was very helpful and assisted me with finding the appropriate internship position. BlackRock interviews are normally impersonal and to get through it you really need to know your stuff. Know everything on your resume, and definitely prepare all the interview questions you can find online. Research BlackRock to understand what their company culture and philosophy is all about. Also, I thought I had no chance of getting it based on how the person reacted but apparently end shouldn't read too much into that.

Interview Questions

• How would you invest one million dollars right now?   1 Answer
    • What were the underlying assumptions in your geometric brownian motion monte Carlo simulation   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online, First Phone interview, Then four 1:1 with the entire team. Phone interview was 45 minutes long, Each 1:1 was 45 minutes.