BlackRock

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

The process consisted on one on-campus interview, followed by the superday. The on-campus interview was a normal technical programming interview, consisting one one question. They got back to me inviting me to the super-day after a week. The super-day is pretty intense , consists of 4 back-to-back 45 minute interviews. The interviews are completely technical. Mostly Java/C++ questions testing the concepts of each language and algorithm questions. Hiring process is pretty long, and they took more than two weeks to get back.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Difference between Shallow copy and deep copy in C++/
    2. Implement a class based on the singleton pattern in Java.
    3. Find the first common predecessor of a node in BST.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Position posted on school's career development website
    Submitted resume/cv and was called for on-campus interview
    Talked briefly about resume and went into tech-interviews.
    Went through basic data structure's run-time complexity
    Went through binary search, and one coding problem

Interview Questions
    • Given list of words, some of which are anagrams (words that has the same letters, but different ordering, eg. CAT and ACT), how do we pair the anagrams and identify words that do not have anagram pair in one pass (going through the list once)   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Got the interview call from the on campus career center. This was a screener for the second interview on-campus in NYC. BlackRock is known to be selective and it surely is so.
    The interviewer started asking me what my favourite subject was, and then gave me a problem to code.
    He gave me a N*N matrix with boolean 0's and 1's. 1's meant that you are "not stuck" and 0 meant you can not move further. after starting from a random 1 position in the matrix, the idea is to traverse the matrix until you encounter an edge with a 1.
    The problem involved use of a good backtracking algorithm to go back to the starting point and find another route in case you get "stuck" while searching for a 1.
    they interviewed 13 people and put 1 or 2 guys on hold, rejected or did not give a reply to all the others.
    hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to code the algorithm i proposed in 10 mins. i asked all others who interviewed with him and they all said he did not seem happy with the answer. I guess they have a lot of expectations.   View Answer