BlackRock Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through online .Interviewed by vc and developer from apg. Friendly and good interview. Waiting for reply Questions mostly from resume Tell me about design patterns you used? Sql question using groupby and having? What is hibernate used for? Did you used any no sql? What is spring ioc and how can you describe spring ioc?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter then set up a Phone interview using an online programming website. I was asked for couple technical conceptual questions then a simple algorithm coding question. The total time was about 45 mins. Nothing from resume was asked.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers(positive and negative), find the maximum sum of consecutive integers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

Given a online technical screening then came in for super day. Online screening was relatively simple, was given two questions on the level of "given a string check if its a palindrome". Super day interview consisted of anywhere from three to five interviewers in an intense technical interview for several hours.

Interview Questions

• How does a HashMap find an entry? What is the runtime of that search?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and I was invited for the first round telephone interview after about a week. The phone interview was entirely behavioral and I think it went alright. I am waiting for the results for that, which should take about a week. The next round should involve an in-person technical interview. Since I am still waiting for the results, I have indicated that I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major(s), and what do you plan to do after graduation?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

One of my friend in BlackRock referred me. It took nearly a month to get the feedback and we arranged a phone interview. The questions are simple. 1, level over traversal 2, merge intervals Both are the same problems on LeetCode. Then I got the invitation for on-site just that afternoon. There were 3 interviewees for this position on my day of onsite interview. Each of us get three 1on1 interview, with 45mins each. They ask a lot about JAVA. Really, be sure to prepare as specific as possible about java.

Interview Questions

• Assume I am a student, find an approach to teach me the knowledge of HashTable.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had an email with a recruiter to set up a phone call with a senior engineer. After that initial phone screen I heard nothing back from the company. I did some follow up with research about one of the topics discussed in the interview which the recruiter was impressed with but still heard nothing after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview to verify basic information. Second phone interview about skills. Third in-house interview with multiple teams that lasted about 4 hours. Human Resources was very helpful and knowledgable about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my current employer to work at Blackrock.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I had my first technical interview over the phone where the interviewer shared a document for me to code. It was not a hard question. I was not very well prepared for coding on the stop when someone was looking at my process. Be able to code easy questions under pressure.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview a few weeks later. The phone interview was 30 mins and we went over my resume, internship experience etc. Brief question about set, list and map. I was then called up for a 3 hour in person interview in NY with 4 rotating interviewers. Questions ranged from: what do you know about the company, why this position, tell me about yourself to more detailed questions on programming knowledge and previous projects. They were nice and asked questions related to the things you said for example, "you mentioned abstract classes and interfaces in java, can you tell me the difference". Difference between C++ and Java. Look at this piece of code and tell me what it does. Write a function that does ... A brain teaser. They also give you a chance to ask questions. I wrote no offer, since I am currently waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes in a string and an int. The int determines the number of repeated consecutive letters you want to have returned. For example: (aab, 1) -> ab. (aaabba, 2) -> aabba   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview first, the question is pretty simple. It includes simple algorithm and data structure and some about the resume. And then I got the on site interview. It has 4 people, much more about the resume, some conception and simple algorithm. The algorithm part is very easy, but they like to ask some conceptions. From database to normal java conception(I told them I like to use java)

Interview Questions

• conception is like interface and abstract class, string and string buffer.   Answer Question