BlackRock

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.9

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

I had my first technical interview over the phone where the interviewer shared a document for me to code. It was not a hard question. I was not very well prepared for coding on the stop when someone was looking at my process. Be able to code easy questions under pressure.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview a few weeks later. The phone interview was 30 mins and we went over my resume, internship experience etc. Brief question about set, list and map. I was then called up for a 3 hour in person interview in NY with 4 rotating interviewers. Questions ranged from: what do you know about the company, why this position, tell me about yourself to more detailed questions on programming knowledge and previous projects. They were nice and asked questions related to the things you said for example, "you mentioned abstract classes and interfaces in java, can you tell me the difference". Difference between C++ and Java. Look at this piece of code and tell me what it does. Write a function that does ... A brain teaser. They also give you a chance to ask questions.
    I wrote no offer, since I am currently waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that takes in a string and an int. The int determines the number of repeated consecutive letters you want to have returned. For example: (aab, 1) -> ab. (aaabba, 2) -> aabba   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Through NYU On Campus recruitment. Lady was mean! She was not very helpful when it comes to asking questions. She expects an answer for her questions right away or she will be stressed.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

A 30 min phone interview followed by a on-site interview. I failed at the first round. They only asked behavior questions in the phone interview. They go through two big projects on my resume. Then they asked me how to use HashMap in JAVA, which is to override the hashcode() and equals() method. Equals method is used to avoid the collision.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Campus Recruiting, first round

Interview Questions
    • It's hard to describe the question in short. But it's about anagrams and hash tables.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Applied for the intern by university website. On campus 30 minutes' interview. Most were behavioural questions about my resume. Asked me about different data strucures. Why finance? What's the most tricky bug you've encountered?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

I have an on campus interview. I didn't get any technical questions. The recruiter first introduced the company for me and asked why I was interested in BlackRock. Then he asked me about the most interesting class I have taken. We have talked about the class and the project I have done for that class. Then he asked me the most tricky bug I have solved. At last, he asked me a simple question about array.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most tricky bug you have encountered.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

I submit my online application and got reply after a month. The interview was schedule after 3 weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BlackRock.

First interview was a phone interview. The manager throw rapid fire questions and he tells you if you answered wrong.

Interview Questions
    • I think in general you have to know your basic concepts. I think the hardest question was about serializable classes in detail.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

First Round on campus interview. And they called back the other day to schedule the next's day on site interview. The interview is in the afternoon so had to get up early to catch the flight. Too tired and not much time for lunch. No time for me to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • Actually no difficult questions. But they like recursive I think.. Try basic recursive questions and DP questions.   Answer Question