BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Questions
  • All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2009.

OCR through UPenn. Second interview at Blackrock. 1 on 1 the first time around, and then a panel with 3 people the second time. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Basic skills / making sure you're up to speed questions, although my friend who just applied for the heck of it also got to 2nd round and I know she know's little to nothing about investing. Getting the interview is probably the hardest part; as long as you have a semi-high to high GPA at a 'target school' you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to my previous work experiences. A few questions to make sure that I was up to speed on what I would be working on. No brain teasers that I can remember.   Answer Question

I ended up working at a startup company.

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Applied through school, got 1st round interview. No behavior questions

Interview Questions
    • The unemployment rate that was published on that day and the exchange rate between JPY and USD.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Applied through on-campus recruitment, had initial interview with 2 people and was contacted by recruiter the next day to come in that week for a super day. Super day was 6 one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Applied through OCR system. First round interview was held on campus. Two on one interview. Most of the quesions are behavior, walk through your resume, explain the details of your past experience, dig into your resume................

Summer Analyst Interview

A phone interview by quantitative risk team member.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions like Why do you want to go to Blackstone? Why do you want to do risk management?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Initial phone interview with a VP and then in-office interviews with MDs

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions:
      Pitch a stock, why BlackRock, why finance, what else you are looking into, what do you do in your free time
        View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

Had a campus interview. 30-minutes long, most about behavior and fit, several questions about techniques and current event.

Interview Questions
    • what is asset bubble?
      If you have 1 million, how would you spend it?
        View Answer

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!