BlackRock

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Question – All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Question – Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2009.

Interview Details – OCR through UPenn. Second interview at Blackrock. 1 on 1 the first time around, and then a panel with 3 people the second time. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Basic skills / making sure you're up to speed questions, although my friend who just applied for the heck of it also got to 2nd round and I know she know's little to nothing about investing. Getting the interview is probably the hardest part; as long as you have a semi-high to high GPA at a 'target school' you should be fine.

Interview Question – Most questions were related to my previous work experiences. A few questions to make sure that I was up to speed on what I would be working on. No brain teasers that I can remember.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I ended up working at a startup company.

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school, got 1st round interview. No behavior questions

Interview Question – The unemployment rate that was published on that day and the exchange rate between JPY and USD.   Answer Question

New York, NY

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruitment, had initial interview with 2 people and was contacted by recruiter the next day to come in that week for a super day. Super day was 6 one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions.

Interview Question – If you had $1,000,000 how would you invest it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through OCR system. First round interview was held on campus. Two on one interview. Most of the quesions are behavior, walk through your resume, explain the details of your past experience, dig into your resume................

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with a VP and then in-office interviews with MDs

Interview Question – Standard Questions:
Pitch a stock, why BlackRock, why finance, what else you are looking into, what do you do in your free time
  View Answer

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – A phone interview by quantitative risk team member.

Interview Question – Basic questions like Why do you want to go to Blackstone? Why do you want to do risk management?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Had a campus interview. 30-minutes long, most about behavior and fit, several questions about techniques and current event.

Interview Question – what is asset bubble?
If you have 1 million, how would you spend it?
  View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees and interview candidates.