BlackRock

Updated Oct 21, 2014

3.1

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

phone interview about general behavior stuff, then made it to onsight interview where they asked me more technical questions. It was a 3 on 1 interview where they gave me several brain teasers that were quite challenging. Just need to explain your thought process

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Questions
    • All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

A phone interview by quantitative risk team member.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions like Why do you want to go to Blackstone? Why do you want to do risk management?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Initial phone interview with a VP and then in-office interviews with MDs

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions:
      Pitch a stock, why BlackRock, why finance, what else you are looking into, what do you do in your free time
        View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Had a campus interview. 30-minutes long, most about behavior and fit, several questions about techniques and current event.

Interview Questions
    • what is asset bubble?
      If you have 1 million, how would you spend it?
        View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Two rounds. First round is on campus, the second is at the office.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

I first had an on-campus interview with a managing director. It was very behavioral and fit based. Some questions were "Why BlackRock?" and "What are you hoping to get out of a summer internship?" About a week later I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview. On-site, I had three interviews. All of them were behavioral, asking me about my resume, leadership experiences, etc. Everyone was very friendly and seemed genuinely excited about working at BlackRock.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Applied through OCR system. First round interview was held on campus. Two on one interview. Most of the quesions are behavior, walk through your resume, explain the details of your past experience, dig into your resume................