BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online through its website. First I was asked to record Montage videos at home where I do not need to interact with an actual person. After than I was asked to take three 30 minutes long video interviews. Most of the questions were behavioral; they did not ask much about my skills and abilities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Entire process took about two months. Screening round was a virtual interview where you simply recorded answers, first round was via Skype and with a director, mainly behavioral questions. The final round was at the office in SF, questions ranged from behavior to some technical, and a few trick questions to see how you think. Everyone was extremely friendly and positive, got a great feel for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Teach me an economics concept that is normally complex but in a way that someone not attuned to the markets would understand   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

First round was on a a platform called Montage video, where there was nobody on the other side of the video and you just had to record yourself answering three basic questions. Second round was a video interview with one of the Sales Directors. He asked mostly behavioral questions and asked about a few stories on the market and recent news. Still pretty basic. Then I was called in for a SuperDay at the office, where I had 4 30 minute interviews one right after another. Again mostly behavioral and fit questions, but I ended up talking about news in the markets and specific stocks for a fair amount of the interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me where you see opportunities in the market
      What's the difference between a mutual fund and an ETF

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

First you will apply online, after about one week, if you meet the minimum requirements for the position, they will ask you to record montage view. They will ask you several questions and you can prepare for ten minutes and record your answer. If you pass that, you will got a webcam interview. After that is the final round, on-site interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked to record interview questions on a website. 6 questions pretty straight forward about why BlackRock, a time when you used innovation, etc. Then, next round was video conference call with two employees. This was more difficult. More finance based questions and explanation of the markets.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Application submission - resume/cover letter through school and website, Initial screening with Montage video recording interviews where you're given impromptu questions online, and have 2 minutes to record your answer. First rounds also online, this time live with an interviewer.

Interview Questions

• When were you innovative, why finance, why BlackRock, introductory video about yourself
      The Montage system was supposed to facilitate the process, but on the day of the deadline, lots of connectivity issues, which resulted in multiple calls to tech support - annoying problem, but tech people were nice and helpful. No technical questions in the screening phase

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was on their montage system where you have to record two responses to prerecorded questions. Those questions were straightforward (Why BlackRock? Talk about a time where you were innovative). The next round of interviews was a skype interview with an employee. It was roughly a 30 minute interview. The questions were mainly behavioral (resume based and personality based) although I was asked to pitch two stocks as well (nothing serious, just two companies and why I liked them). A word of advice, it is always a good idea to have questions ready to ask your interviewer! After a few days I found out I was selected to attend their superday in Princeton. The superday was 4, 30 minute consecutive interviews with different directors and portfolio managers. Again mainly behavioral questions and questions based off of your resume. Be ready to talk about things off of your resume as well. This key to remember in this part of the process is that they want to see that you are sociable, well rounded and someone who they'll want to work with everyday. All around, a fantastic experience and HR ran a very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the current situation in Greece? Why would Germany want to keep Greece in the EU?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interviewed for the Portfolio Analytics Group. Great experience overall. Did first-round on campus, then went to their office for the Superday. Superday consisted of 4 or 5 (can't remember) 30 min interviews. Pretty sure I didn't get the position because I fumbled a rather basic economic question. But I really liked the company culture and all the people I met, so I applied again this year, for a different group. Make sure you know about BlackRock and what's been going on in the markets.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you raise/lower the interest rate?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I was invited to do the montage interview. Kind of weird, but they were good questions. It has been a week and not heard back from them, but my application account reads "interview scheduled". I am not sure what is going on, but I am hopeful

Interview Questions

• Favorite class you like and why   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Interview

I received a Email from BlackRock and was asked to take the online interview through Montage. I took the interview one day before deadline and haven't got any feedback so far.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all about behavior and were easy. e.g. Why BlackRock? Why this group? Describe a situation when you were innovative.   Answer Question