BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

First round was on a a platform called Montage video, where there was nobody on the other side of the video and you just had to record yourself answering three basic questions. Second round was a video interview with one of the Sales Directors. He asked mostly behavioral questions and asked about a few stories on the market and recent news. Still pretty basic. Then I was called in for a SuperDay at the office, where I had 4 30 minute interviews one right after another. Again mostly behavioral and fit questions, but I ended up talking about news in the markets and specific stocks for a fair amount of the interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me where you see opportunities in the market What's the difference between a mutual fund and an ETF   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked to record interview questions on a website. 6 questions pretty straight forward about why BlackRock, a time when you used innovation, etc. Then, next round was video conference call with two employees. This was more difficult. More finance based questions and explanation of the markets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

First you will apply online, after about one week, if you meet the minimum requirements for the position, they will ask you to record montage view. They will ask you several questions and you can prepare for ten minutes and record your answer. If you pass that, you will got a webcam interview. After that is the final round, on-site interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interviewed for the Portfolio Analytics Group. Great experience overall. Did first-round on campus, then went to their office for the Superday. Superday consisted of 4 or 5 (can't remember) 30 min interviews. Pretty sure I didn't get the position because I fumbled a rather basic economic question. But I really liked the company culture and all the people I met, so I applied again this year, for a different group. Make sure you know about BlackRock and what's been going on in the markets.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you raise/lower the interest rate?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I was invited to do the montage interview. Kind of weird, but they were good questions. It has been a week and not heard back from them, but my application account reads "interview scheduled". I am not sure what is going on, but I am hopeful

Interview Questions

• Favorite class you like and why   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Interview

I received a Email from BlackRock and was asked to take the online interview through Montage. I took the interview one day before deadline and haven't got any feedback so far.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all about behavior and were easy. e.g. Why BlackRock? Why this group? Describe a situation when you were innovative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for the BlackRock Founders Scholarship in early December of 2014. About 90 students were selected from schools around the country, and on the first day everyone had one 30 minute interview with representatives in their respective divisions - mix of technical and behavioral, depending on the division. Received a call later that day and was invited for final round interviews the next day. Final round consisted of four back to back 30 minute interviews (a total of two hours), with a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume? Why BlackRock? Do you follow the markets? If so, tell me about it? What do you read? What is the last thing your remember reading? Tell me something you're not proud of (a failure)? What is the favorite course you've taken and why was it your favorite? (<- asked twice, two different instances)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral. Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Montage Video Interview: pretty basic, questions were straightforward. Nothing to be nervous about. Technology is easy to use. Had some trouble figuring it out at first and called the company for help, but it was resolved quickly. To my understanding there are supposed to be a couple more interviews after, one is another video interview, and the other a superday at their office.