BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company. Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the most efficient way to board a plane? How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online in september, cv and cover letter, took a few months for the numerical invite to come through, invited to interview in January, didn't make it past the first round 2 interviews lasting about 30 -40 mins. Briefly went through CV, then a couple of competency questions (what makes a good team, what makes a good leader, things like that) No questions as to why blackrock, why asset mangement etc The majority of the interview was taken up with brainteasers, some were the kind of brainteasers you come to expect, some were quite off the wall and quite challenging (more ethical and morality questions rather than your standard brainteaser) Overall I think the interview was difficult to prepare for, one of the harder interviews I've had within markets

Interview Questions

• 'In the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo attack, if you were the editor of a UK national newspaper, would you publish the cartoons of the prophet?'   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked to record interview questions on a website. 6 questions pretty straight forward about why BlackRock, a time when you used innovation, etc. Then, next round was video conference call with two employees. This was more difficult. More finance based questions and explanation of the markets.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Questions

• Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for Summer Analyst position in BlackRock Solutions. Interview was mostly math, computer science and probability. They had a very good approach: ask about the candidate's background and make sure he/she can talk cogently about all the math + computer science that was listen on the resume. The first round interview consisted of 1 interview with a Director on campus. I was invited back for a Superday which was 5 interviews back to back - 2VPs, 2 Analysts and 1 Directory. I got the impression that it was a great firm and people were very excited to be there.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Received interview to take montage online interview 6 months after applying. Received offer for first round interview around a month later, consisted of 2x30 min competency interviews with very little technical knowledge required, just general market awareness. Invited to superday which consisted of a group task and presentation and 1 30 minute interview, again competency based. Received offer 2 days later.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly do a video interview, which is done by yourself and send to them. Then one round phone interview and two rounds of video interview. Phone interview by HR. And two rounds of interview with the recruiting team. With VP and Asso first and then Director. The asso and VP do the interview together and the director asked about technical question more while juniors focus more on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q:Typical video question: why blackrock? why trading? a case when you are innovative.   2 Answers
    • Q: Mostly behavioral questions regarding my experience. Extremely interested in the fund I co-founded with my friends.   2 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Interview

Got it through my school's career centre. Was for a risk role, but wasn't too quantitative. Wanted to hear lots about what I thought BlackRock does and the risks they faced. Didn't ask me any qualitative questions, not even the walk me through your resume or tell me about yourself one. Never heard back in any form and ended up accepting a position from a different company.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2010.

Interview

Pretty much fit questions. The interviewer is very nice and told me a lot about the company, their current projects and the daily tasks. A few technical questions but none of them is beyond what I learn from textbooks.

Get better offer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I first had an on-campus interview with a managing director. It was very behavioral and fit based. Some questions were "Why BlackRock?" and "What are you hoping to get out of a summer internship?" About a week later I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview. On-site, I had three interviews. All of them were behavioral, asking me about my resume, leadership experiences, etc. Everyone was very friendly and seemed genuinely excited about working at BlackRock.