BlackRock

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Two rounds. First round is on campus, the second is at the office.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Had a campus interview. 30-minutes long, most about behavior and fit, several questions about techniques and current event.

Interview Questions
    • what is asset bubble?
      If you have 1 million, how would you spend it?

View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Initial phone interview with a VP and then in-office interviews with MDs

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions:
      Pitch a stock, why BlackRock, why finance, what else you are looking into, what do you do in your free time

View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

A phone interview by quantitative risk team member.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions like Why do you want to go to Blackstone? Why do you want to do risk management?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied for hackathon, was cancelled, got invited to first round interview by Blackrock. Was unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Count the number of squares on this piece of paper. A grid of 4 by 4 unit boxes, just blurted out the answer, didnt think and got it wrong!   View Answers (2)

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

phone interview about general behavior stuff, then made it to onsight interview where they asked me more technical questions. It was a 3 on 1 interview where they gave me several brain teasers that were quite challenging. Just need to explain your thought process

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

I received a Email from BlackRock and was asked to take the online interview through Montage. I took the interview one day before deadline and haven't got any feedback so far.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all about behavior and were easy. e.g. Why BlackRock? Why this group? Describe a situation when you were innovative.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Was invited to do a pre-screening video interview. It's done through a third party site called Montage. Basically, they give you 3 questions and you have 2 minutes to record your answers. It's impromptu but the questions are really easy, they're all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite class and why?
      Describe a time when you were innovative.
      What have you done to educate your self about the financial market and asset management in particular?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

First you will apply online, after about one week, if you meet the minimum requirements for the position, they will ask you to record montage view. They will ask you several questions and you can prepare for ten minutes and record your answer. If you pass that, you will got a webcam interview. After that is the final round, on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2014.

Interviewed for the BlackRock Founders Scholarship in early December of 2014. About 90 students were selected from schools around the country, and on the first day everyone had one 30 minute interview with representatives in their respective divisions - mix of technical and behavioral, depending on the division. Received a call later that day and was invited for final round interviews the next day. Final round consisted of four back to back 30 minute interviews (a total of two hours), with a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk us through your resume? Why BlackRock? Do you follow the markets? If so, tell me about it? What do you read? What is the last thing your remember reading? Tell me something you're not proud of (a failure)? What is the favorite course you've taken and why was it your favorite? (<- asked twice, two different instances)   Answer Question