BlackRock

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Two rounds. First round is on campus, the second is at the office.

Interview Question – "Tell me about CAPM."   View Answer

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Had a campus interview. 30-minutes long, most about behavior and fit, several questions about techniques and current event.

Interview Question – what is asset bubble?
If you have 1 million, how would you spend it?
  View Answer

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with a VP and then in-office interviews with MDs

Interview Question – Standard Questions:
Pitch a stock, why BlackRock, why finance, what else you are looking into, what do you do in your free time
  View Answer

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – A phone interview by quantitative risk team member.

Interview Question – Basic questions like Why do you want to go to Blackstone? Why do you want to do risk management?   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – Applied for hackathon, was cancelled, got invited to first round interview by Blackrock. Was unexpected.

Interview Question – Count the number of squares on this piece of paper. A grid of 4 by 4 unit boxes, just blurted out the answer, didnt think and got it wrong!   View Answer

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through OCR system. First round interview was held on campus. Two on one interview. Most of the quesions are behavior, walk through your resume, explain the details of your past experience, dig into your resume................

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruitment, had initial interview with 2 people and was contacted by recruiter the next day to come in that week for a super day. Super day was 6 one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions.

Interview Question – If you had $1,000,000 how would you invest it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

Interview Details – Applied through school, got 1st round interview. No behavior questions

Interview Question – The unemployment rate that was published on that day and the exchange rate between JPY and USD.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2009.

Interview Details – OCR through UPenn. Second interview at Blackrock. 1 on 1 the first time around, and then a panel with 3 people the second time. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Basic skills / making sure you're up to speed questions, although my friend who just applied for the heck of it also got to 2nd round and I know she know's little to nothing about investing. Getting the interview is probably the hardest part; as long as you have a semi-high to high GPA at a 'target school' you should be fine.

Interview Question – Most questions were related to my previous work experiences. A few questions to make sure that I was up to speed on what I would be working on. No brain teasers that I can remember.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I ended up working at a startup company.

Summer Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty much fit questions. The interviewer is very nice and told me a lot about the company, their current projects and the daily tasks. A few technical questions but none of them is beyond what I learn from textbooks.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Get better offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees and interview candidates.