BlackRock

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Video Interview with set questions, you are given time before every question begins to prepare notes on the topic. The questions are very simple and average, like why BlackRock, why your division, and a time you overcame a challenge. They are very slow at getting back in between stages, taking weeks /months between applying, interviews, and rejection.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

First round was on a a platform called Montage video, where there was nobody on the other side of the video and you just had to record yourself answering three basic questions. Second round was a video interview with one of the Sales Directors. He asked mostly behavioral questions and asked about a few stories on the market and recent news. Still pretty basic. Then I was called in for a SuperDay at the office, where I had 4 30 minute interviews one right after another. Again mostly behavioral and fit questions, but I ended up talking about news in the markets and specific stocks for a fair amount of the interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me where you see opportunities in the market
      What's the difference between a mutual fund and an ETF

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2015.

After submission of application, received an invitation three months later for a one way video interview on Montage Talent. Questions were very basic- why did you choose your degree? why blackrock? Then received an invitation for a phone interview with HR. Questions were CV based questions and also tested language skills- Describe a time in which you had to work with people of different cultures? Describe a situation in which you had difficulties with your team and how did you solve your problem? Received an invitation for a technical based interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose your degree/uni?

Why BlackRock?

Why did you choose this position?

How do you keep up to date with the Financial Industry and in particular asset management?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

interviewed at BlackRock in February 2015.

The initial interview was on their montage system where you have to record two responses to prerecorded questions. Those questions were straightforward (Why BlackRock? Talk about a time where you were innovative). The next round of interviews was a skype interview with an employee. It was roughly a 30 minute interview. The questions were mainly behavioral (resume based and personality based) although I was asked to pitch two stocks as well (nothing serious, just two companies and why I liked them). A word of advice, it is always a good idea to have questions ready to ask your interviewer! After a few days I found out I was selected to attend their superday in Princeton. The superday was 4, 30 minute consecutive interviews with different directors and portfolio managers. Again mainly behavioral questions and questions based off of your resume. Be ready to talk about things off of your resume as well. This key to remember in this part of the process is that they want to see that you are sociable, well rounded and someone who they'll want to work with everyday. All around, a fantastic experience and HR ran a very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the current situation in Greece? Why would Germany want to keep Greece in the EU?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2015.

Asked to record interview questions on a website. 6 questions pretty straight forward about why BlackRock, a time when you used innovation, etc. Then, next round was video conference call with two employees. This was more difficult. More finance based questions and explanation of the markets.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2014.

Interviewed for the BlackRock Founders Scholarship in early December of 2014. About 90 students were selected from schools around the country, and on the first day everyone had one 30 minute interview with representatives in their respective divisions - mix of technical and behavioral, depending on the division. Received a call later that day and was invited for final round interviews the next day. Final round consisted of four back to back 30 minute interviews (a total of two hours), with a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk us through your resume? Why BlackRock? Do you follow the markets? If so, tell me about it? What do you read? What is the last thing your remember reading? Tell me something you're not proud of (a failure)? What is the favorite course you've taken and why was it your favorite? (<- asked twice, two different instances)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

First you will apply online, after about one week, if you meet the minimum requirements for the position, they will ask you to record montage view. They will ask you several questions and you can prepare for ten minutes and record your answer. If you pass that, you will got a webcam interview. After that is the final round, on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Montage Video Interview: pretty basic, questions were straightforward. Nothing to be nervous about. Technology is easy to use. Had some trouble figuring it out at first and called the company for help, but it was resolved quickly. To my understanding there are supposed to be a couple more interviews after, one is another video interview, and the other a superday at their office.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Was invited to do a pre-screening video interview. It's done through a third party site called Montage. Basically, they give you 3 questions and you have 2 minutes to record your answers. It's impromptu but the questions are really easy, they're all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite class and why?
      Describe a time when you were innovative.
      What have you done to educate your self about the financial market and asset management in particular?

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

I received a Email from BlackRock and was asked to take the online interview through Montage. I took the interview one day before deadline and haven't got any feedback so far.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all about behavior and were easy. e.g. Why BlackRock? Why this group? Describe a situation when you were innovative.   Answer Question