BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Each interview had two interviewers. Emphasis on why BlackRock and knowing your resume. Difficulty of interviews will vary depending on the interviewers. HR was very organized and ran a smooth process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for the BlackRock Founders Scholarship in early December of 2014. About 90 students were selected from schools around the country, and on the first day everyone had one 30 minute interview with representatives in their respective divisions - mix of technical and behavioral, depending on the division. Received a call later that day and was invited for final round interviews the next day. Final round consisted of four back to back 30 minute interviews (a total of two hours), with a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume? Why BlackRock? Do you follow the markets? If so, tell me about it? What do you read? What is the last thing your remember reading? Tell me something you're not proud of (a failure)? What is the favorite course you've taken and why was it your favorite? (<- asked twice, two different instances)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

phone interview about general behavior stuff, then made it to onsight interview where they asked me more technical questions. It was a 3 on 1 interview where they gave me several brain teasers that were quite challenging. Just need to explain your thought process

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Questions

• All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Montage Video Interview: pretty basic, questions were straightforward. Nothing to be nervous about. Technology is easy to use. Had some trouble figuring it out at first and called the company for help, but it was resolved quickly. To my understanding there are supposed to be a couple more interviews after, one is another video interview, and the other a superday at their office.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

A phone interview by quantitative risk team member.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like Why do you want to go to Blackstone? Why do you want to do risk management?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with a VP and then in-office interviews with MDs

Interview Questions

• Standard Questions:
      Pitch a stock, why BlackRock, why finance, what else you are looking into, what do you do in your free time

1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Had a campus interview. 30-minutes long, most about behavior and fit, several questions about techniques and current event.

Interview Questions

• what is asset bubble?
      If you have 1 million, how would you spend it?

1 Answer