BlackRock

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Two rounds. First round is on campus, the second is at the office.

Interview Question – "Tell me about CAPM."   View Answer

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – I first had an on-campus interview with a managing director. It was very behavioral and fit based. Some questions were "Why BlackRock?" and "What are you hoping to get out of a summer internship?" About a week later I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview. On-site, I had three interviews. All of them were behavioral, asking me about my resume, leadership experiences, etc. Everyone was very friendly and seemed genuinely excited about working at BlackRock.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you failed.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was held on campus and consisted of general behavioral questions, followed by some more specific questions, followed by questions on current events, followed by the opportunity to ask the interviewer any questions. The interviewer was standoffish, stoic, and seemed to be annoyed that he had to be there. It almost made you not want the internship.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Interview Details – Asked mostly technical questions and a few unsettling fit questions like Why Asset Management and not Banking... apparently work/life balance isn't a good answer. Technical questions focused mostly on fixed-income, so be prepared for that. Not a lot of programming questions, but did probe my knowledge of databases

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2009.

Interview Details – There was an on campus interview with one employee from the NYC office. The interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and an "explain how to do something" question.
Thought the interview could have gone better, but was contacted via telephone for a second round interview on site. BlackRock calls the second round interviews "SuperDays."
The Super Day consisted of a brief meeting with two HR employees and then 4 back to back interviews with Directors and Managing Directors. Not too many technical questions, but a few. Basically a resume walk and chit chat.
Super Day was scheduled from 8:30 am to 12 noon.
BlackRock reimbursed for all transportation, meals, hotels etc.

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Question – What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?
  View Answer

London, England (UK)

I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Question – Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details – Applied for hackathon, was cancelled, got invited to first round interview by Blackrock. Was unexpected.

Interview Question – Count the number of squares on this piece of paper. A grid of 4 by 4 unit boxes, just blurted out the answer, didnt think and got it wrong!   View Answer

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details – Interview was with a managing director who was extremely nice. We talked about my experiences in college, why BlackRock, why this position, what do I want to gain from the summer internship, and then a couple market related questions. Overall, a very nice interview process

Interview Question – What's your outlook on the market for the next fiscal year   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty much fit questions. The interviewer is very nice and told me a lot about the company, their current projects and the daily tasks. A few technical questions but none of them is beyond what I learn from textbooks.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Get better offer