BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Two rounds. First round is on campus, the second is at the office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I first had an on-campus interview with a managing director. It was very behavioral and fit based. Some questions were "Why BlackRock?" and "What are you hoping to get out of a summer internship?" About a week later I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview. On-site, I had three interviews. All of them were behavioral, asking me about my resume, leadership experiences, etc. Everyone was very friendly and seemed genuinely excited about working at BlackRock.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through OCR system. First round interview was held on campus. Two on one interview. Most of the quesions are behavior, walk through your resume, explain the details of your past experience, dig into your resume................

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruitment, had initial interview with 2 people and was contacted by recruiter the next day to come in that week for a super day. Super day was 6 one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through school, got 1st round interview. No behavior questions

Interview Questions

• The unemployment rate that was published on that day and the exchange rate between JPY and USD.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Asked mostly technical questions and a few unsettling fit questions like Why Asset Management and not Banking... apparently work/life balance isn't a good answer. Technical questions focused mostly on fixed-income, so be prepared for that. Not a lot of programming questions, but did probe my knowledge of databases

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was held on campus and consisted of general behavioral questions, followed by some more specific questions, followed by questions on current events, followed by the opportunity to ask the interviewer any questions. The interviewer was standoffish, stoic, and seemed to be annoyed that he had to be there. It almost made you not want the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

OCR through UPenn. Second interview at Blackrock. 1 on 1 the first time around, and then a panel with 3 people the second time. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Basic skills / making sure you're up to speed questions, although my friend who just applied for the heck of it also got to 2nd round and I know she know's little to nothing about investing. Getting the interview is probably the hardest part; as long as you have a semi-high to high GPA at a 'target school' you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to my previous work experiences. A few questions to make sure that I was up to speed on what I would be working on. No brain teasers that I can remember.   Answer Question

I ended up working at a startup company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

There was an on campus interview with one employee from the NYC office. The interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and an "explain how to do something" question.
    Thought the interview could have gone better, but was contacted via telephone for a second round interview on site. BlackRock calls the second round interviews "SuperDays."
    The Super Day consisted of a brief meeting with two HR employees and then 4 back to back interviews with Directors and Managing Directors. Not too many technical questions, but a few. Basically a resume walk and chit chat.
    Super Day was scheduled from 8:30 am to 12 noon.
    BlackRock reimbursed for all transportation, meals, hotels etc.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Received interview to take montage online interview 6 months after applying. Received offer for first round interview around a month later, consisted of 2x30 min competency interviews with very little technical knowledge required, just general market awareness. Invited to superday which consisted of a group task and presentation and 1 30 minute interview, again competency based. Received offer 2 days later.