BlackRock Interview Questions in Sydney

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2011.

Interview

Went through a recruitment agency. All new positions are dealt via the regional head office in Hong Kong so the recruiter never gets to meet your eventual manager. I had a phone interview with HR in Hong Kong and then three interviews - one with the hiring manager and two with with senior stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• The questions from HR were the standard behavioral type questions such as "how do you work in a team", "how do you deal with difficult stakeholders" etc. Stakeholder questions were more about what I had accomplished in previous roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took a week from the final interview to receiving the offer as everything has to go via the Hong Kong office. The recruiter tried to get me to accept for less money, which I refused. The background check is horrendous, they want every tiny detail, including high school contact details (I have been working for 20 years) and pay slips from former employers.

Vice President - GCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

interviewed at BlackRock (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2010.

Interview

3 interviews including country head at time. On the sales side they want to know about relationships and views on markets. if you are confident, seems to be a very big positive.

Interview Questions

• not difficult at all. I was a client and had very good knoweldge of the firm.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.