BlackRock

www.blackrock.com

BlackRock Trading Assistant Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Trading Assistant Interview

interviewed at BlackRock in October 2013.

On campus interview. The questions were pretty standard and a few mental math questions. Nothing out of the blue

Interview Questions
  • Q1. You have a 10*10*10 cube, which is made of many 1*1*1 cube. If you dip the cube in paint, how many of the smaller cubes dont have paint on them?
    Q2. Add up the digits of your phone number multiply it by 65 and remember this number till the end of the interview. Later, divide the number by 25.
    Q3. Expected value of a die. How much are you ready to pay for a game where I give you the dollar amount of what you roll(Eg: $1 if you roll a 1, $2 if you roll a 2 and so on)
    Now we continue playing, how much are you willing to pay if you can roll it 10 times?
    How much are you willing to pay if you have $1mm and you can play this game for the next 1 year.
    Q4. If i give you the offer to take this job up and I give you two options: Either a $5000 signing bonus or you play a game where you toss a coin and I give you $10000 if you toss a head and 0 is you toss a tail. Which one would you choose and why?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

I was granted an interview through a campus recruiting system. I went to the Princeton office and interviewed with members of each desk in half hour sessions. The interviews were very relaxed and they asked mostly behavioral questions. It was a great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult, but know about current market trends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in June 2008.

The interview consisted of a rotating panel of employees (usually 2-3 at a time) ranging from 1st year associates to managing directors. Questions were fired in rapid succession, cutting answers short. Questions were not difficult in nature but designed to put the interviewee on the defensive. Most of the questions were about how my resume was relevant to the position. Really, they were just seeing how articulately I could make an argument and handle receiving multiple questions at once.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here? What makes you think you can do this job and aren't just wasting my time?   View Answer