Blackbaud

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.7

Renewal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud in October 2014.

The first step I was given was to submit a 10 question video interview. The video interview is done via iPhone or iPad. You are asked a series of questions as listed below. You also have the chance to redo the your first take if needed. The Video interview leads to a phone interview if they choose you.

Interview Questions
    • Where you want to be in 5 years? How do you handle difficult customers? Desired Salary, and Tell us why you feel you are a could candidate for Blackbaud.   Answer Question

Internet Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud in September 2014.

Very slow to respond post interview. Was told I would hear back in 3-5 business days. Didn't hear back for 3 weeks! Don't wait for them to contact you, be proactive.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud.

The application process was fairly simple. The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The phone interview was straight forward for the first interview. It was basic personality questions and baseline information on the job. The second interview consisted of salary specifications and more detailed questions. The in-person interview was even more in depth asking about certain experiences on your resume and job requirements/specifics.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a shape, what would you be and why?   View Answer

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Prefer not to disclose the details of the process but it was what I would describe as "normal". Phone screen with Recruiter, Phone screen with hiring manager and then in-person in two office locations, Charleston and austin. Based on my role this was viewed as "normal" by me and they were accommodating to my schedule.

Normal.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

I had 3 interviews before I was offered the job, the interview process takes forever. The first two interviews are phone, one with the HR recruiter, second with Team manager, then third face to face with a panel of three managers one from the team you are coming to, the others from other teams. Also had to answer a written test with customer support questions with answers.

Interview Questions
    • I had to describe a difficult case with a customer and how I resolved it and how I dealt with difficult customers. Also was asked how I would deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Blackbaud posted a position for an internal audit summer intern on my college campus's career services website. I submitted my resume through that website. About 2 weeks after submitting my resume, I received an email from HR asking to participate in an online interview recorded via a webcam. I would be given an interview question, and then I would have 2 minutes to record my response. A few days after completing the online interview, I received another email from HR inquiring about a phone interview with one of the auditors at Blackbaud. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was very laid back - no behavioral questions, no case studies, just a conversation about the experience I would be receiving as an intern. A week later, I had another interview with the Director of Internal Audit, and the very next day, I received an offer.

I was able to negotiate salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Several interviews with different employees.

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud in January 2014.

For my first initial "interview", it was more of a gathering of potential future employees meeting at Blackbaud to meet with current employees for them to ask us questions and see how we would respond to them. They read over my resume and took notes on the back of it as I talked. It was loud as everyone was trying to talk to each other. I've never been to an interview quite like this before but it felt pretty relaxed. I tried to talk with as many of the employees as I could since I didn't have a fantastic background like most everyone else that was there applying for the same position I was. Finally after talking to the 5th person, she told me she wanted to see me come back for another interview so I gave them my information and they said I would hear back from them in about a week.
    Well a week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I emailed the woman I gave my information to. I heard about a week after I emailed them and she said I would hear back from them in about another week. Well, yet another week went by and I still didn't hear back so I emailed them again. Finally, she got back with me a few days later and we set a phone interview for the following week.
    The phone interview was a little awkward but easy. She read over my resume and asked what I liked and disliked about each of my previous jobs and asked why I had left them. I could hear her typing up a storm while I talked and all she ever said to my responses were "okay" and "right". It was very robotic, very standard but once she got through those questions and talked more about the job position to me she was very nice. From that point on we set up a second phone interview.
    The second phone interview was a lot like the first one but questions like, "What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it". Then we played a round of 10 questions. It's just like the game 20 questions but you only get 10 questions. I think they play this with you just to see what your frame of thinking is. I guessed Barack Obama but the answer was Michelle Obama.
    All in all I felt the interview process was drawn out. I didn't get a call back for a final interview, at which point in my life I am thankful for. I've started to hear bad things about the company and a cubicle-phone job isn't what I was looking for, I just thought the benefits and pay would have been great.

Interview Questions
    • Playing a game of 10 questions.   View Answer
    • What would you do if you had a document you'd worked on all day, that suddenly crashed on you, and you hadn't saved it?   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud.

Initial phone interview with basic questions about my resume followed by troubleshooting questions, Passed to second phone interview, Conducted a role play where I had to pretend to be a customer support analyst (Isn't that what training is for?) and also played "guess who i am". Was a very scripted interview, however required some in-depth thinking. I am quite confused as to why I was expected to be able to answer IT questions when they told me that I would be trained on everything if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just read up about the interview questions on here and you will be prepared for the most part. I was asked about troubleshooting an internet issue and thankfully had just researched an answer the day before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud in October 2013.

After talking to them at a campus career fair, was asked to attend an on-campus first round, followed by the on-site about a week later.
    The on-site involved a tour, some group problem-solving (which was really fun), and a series of one-on-one interviews with both management and the technical staff.

Interview Questions
    • Given a description of some data, create a schema to store the data. Adding constraints after each iteration.   View Answer

I had another offer in a personally more convenient location.