Blackbaud Interview Questions in Charleston, SC

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

The first step of the interview process was on "online" web interview. It was a little awkward having to answer questions to yourself in a webcam. You have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. The positive side, was you are able to complete it on your own time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Blackbaud? Name a difficult situation and how did you handle it? the routine interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email invite to do a digital interview after a couple of days. You download an app onto your computer or smartphone and use a webcam to record answers to a set of preset questions. There's no person asking the questions, they just pop up, give you time to read it and think and then you have a few minutes to answer, so you can do it on your own time. Very general interview questions - why do you want to work for Blackbaud, what are your strengths, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Nothing really specific to the job.

Couple of days later I got another email to schedule a phone interview with a team lead. The interview was casual in tone but much more focused on the actual job. She started out by explaining the role and compensation structure and then started asking about stuff on my resume, asked what about this role was attractive to me and what qualities and experiences I thought would help me succeed in it. At the end she told me she would like to bring me in for an onsite interview and that I'd hear from HR soon.

Another recruiter emailed me a day or two later inviting me onsite. The onsite took a little over 2 hours total: 1 hour shadowing a current ADR, 15 minute "interview" with a recruiter, 30 minute interview with the team lead I spoke to on the phone, then a 30 minute interview with her boss, the account development manager. The 15 minutes with the recruiter was more of a conversation than an interview. She really just reiterated the details of the role and asked me how I felt about it. A few basic questions about what I liked about the company and the role - same kind I was asked on the phone. The team lead and her boss each asked me a lot of the same questions during their interviews. More specific questions than I'd been asked on the phone but still nothing that should catch you off guard if you prepared. Asked me more specific questions about why I thought I was a good fit, asked more questions about stuff from my resume and my education, some "tell me about a time when" questions, some personality questions and also asked me to list the 3 most important qualities I would want my manager to have. Told me they'd be in touch within a week with their decision but then I got an email from the recruiter before I even made it home saying they wanted to "move forward with checking references." A few days later the recruiter called and told me they wanted to make me an offer and she would have final approval within a week. After another week I got a call and verbal offer from the team lead, followed by an offer sheet by email from HR the next day. Offer was contingent on a background check they run through Talent Wise.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when" questions. Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a change you didn't like, tell me about a time when you contributed a unique skill to a project etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this role. Everybody gets the same offer: $28k base salary plus commission. On-target annual earnings (meaning you meet quota every month) is $35,500, and if you exceed quota commission is uncapped so there is no limit to how much more you can make.

Blackbaud Response

Mar 30, 2015Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Welcome to Blackbaud. I'm pleased that your experience was positive!

Implementation Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview was an online video recording, second interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. The online interview was different but there was no human interaction so it was hard. The second interview was your standard phone interview. The online interview questions were out of order so it was hard to follow a question progression and had some spelling errors. 30 days after the phone interview I get an email saying that my resume has been reviewed and I would not be contacted for an interview. So I got the stock email when they don't consider your resume after I had already done 2 interviews?

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years, What my experience was   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Mar 30, 2015Head of Global Talent Acquisition

I really appreciate your feedback. I apologize that the digital interview experience was not positive and that there were some errors in the process. Because of your feedback, we are implementing ... More

Renewal Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

The first step I was given was to submit a 10 question video interview. The video interview is done via iPhone or iPad. You are asked a series of questions as listed below. You also have the chance to redo the your first take if needed. The Video interview leads to a phone interview if they choose you.

Interview Questions

• Where you want to be in 5 years? How do you handle difficult customers? Desired Salary, and Tell us why you feel you are a could candidate for Blackbaud.   Answer Question

Internet Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Very slow to respond post interview. Was told I would hear back in 3-5 business days. Didn't hear back for 3 weeks! Don't wait for them to contact you, be proactive.

Interview Questions

• Difference between http and html   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

The application process was fairly simple. The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The phone interview was straight forward for the first interview. It was basic personality questions and baseline information on the job. The second interview consisted of salary specifications and more detailed questions. The in-person interview was even more in depth asking about certain experiences on your resume and job requirements/specifics.

Interview Questions

• If you were a shape, what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Director Level Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Prefer not to disclose the details of the process but it was what I would describe as "normal". Phone screen with Recruiter, Phone screen with hiring manager and then in-person in two office locations, Charleston and austin. Based on my role this was viewed as "normal" by me and they were accommodating to my schedule.

Negotiation

Normal.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I had 3 interviews before I was offered the job, the interview process takes forever. The first two interviews are phone, one with the HR recruiter, second with Team manager, then third face to face with a panel of three managers one from the team you are coming to, the others from other teams. Also had to answer a written test with customer support questions with answers.

Interview Questions

• I had to describe a difficult case with a customer and how I resolved it and how I dealt with difficult customers. Also was asked how I would deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Blackbaud posted a position for an internal audit summer intern on my college campus's career services website. I submitted my resume through that website. About 2 weeks after submitting my resume, I received an email from HR asking to participate in an online interview recorded via a webcam. I would be given an interview question, and then I would have 2 minutes to record my response. A few days after completing the online interview, I received another email from HR inquiring about a phone interview with one of the auditors at Blackbaud. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was very laid back - no behavioral questions, no case studies, just a conversation about the experience I would be receiving as an intern. A week later, I had another interview with the Director of Internal Audit, and the very next day, I received an offer.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Several interviews with different employees.